It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board

Bleeding into renal cyst or kidney stone?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
tasha33
(female)

tasha33 HB User
Bleeding into renal cyst or kidney stone?

About 2 months ago all of the sudden I got this stinging pain (3 out of 10) in my right side of abdomen, after few days it was still persistent I went to the E.R. where they didn't do anything except ruled out appendicitis and any gyno issue. Urine sample showed micro hematuria. Pain was there all the time and was moving from back to abdomen to flank pain and ONLY on my right side. But when I was laying or sitting stretched out pain was gone. I went back to E.R. They did this half hearted abdominal ultrasound and dr said there's mini kidney stone she can see, gave me a painkiller and sometime later was surprised it didn't help. She sent me home with prescription painkillers and told me to do another abdominal ultrasound. Few days later I got one and it only showed 1.3 cm cyst on my right kidney (no mention of any kidney stone). Radiologist said most likely renal cyst got inflamed (blood tests showed no sign of inflamation) or was bleeding and pain will eventually go away. That was over a month ago and I'm in pain every single day. I had CT scan yesterday (no contrast though as my veins kept bursting), but have to wait for results for another week. Pain isn't severe, but annoying and it is effecting my everyday life. It is so frustrating as I feel like no doctor is taking me seriously, just because I'm not in agonizing pain. There is so very little info on bleeding into renal cysts. Has anyone ever had experience with that? Urologist agreed with radiologist about his diagnose and told me pain can last for weeks. How much are we talking about here, 8 weeks, 40 weeks? Or is possible ultrasound didn't pick kidney stone and all this pain is caused by that?

The following user gives a hug of support to tasha33:
YaYagirl (06-15-2018)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2018, 05:04 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Bleeding into renal cyst or kidney stone?

Dear tasha,

I have only known people with kidney stones, and have no personal experience. From discussions with them and from what I have read, even if one or more kidney stones were found, that just means it is likely you are in for some long term pain until it passes. Just a very tiny kidney stone can cause a lot of misery until it passes.

That you have cysts that bust may be the reason for the pain. I don't know what can be done about it.

Old 06-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #3
tasha33
(female)

tasha33 HB User
Re: Bleeding into renal cyst or kidney stone?

I got CT scan results back today and it is confirmed hemorrhagic renal cyst and there is no kidney stones. Does anyone have experience with this, how long do all these pain last?

Reply Reply