It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Looking for a smart medication consuming advice

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-20-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
    Robm
    (male)

Robm HB User
    Looking for a smart medication consuming advice

hey, my name is Rob, I'm using a lot of medications. Some of them are very similar by the way they look and I'm getting confused all the time. I've been using a pill box for couple of months and I'm still being confused. When I'm hiking through the night and during bedtime it is always a hard time to carry my medications and to use them wisely. I would like to ask if there's a good way that I could use and improve my medication consuming? Thank you !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Looking for a smart medication consuming advice

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robm View Post
    hey, my name is Rob, I'm using a lot of medications. Some of them are very similar by the way they look and I'm getting confused all the time. I've been using a pill box for couple of months and I'm still being confused. When I'm hiking through the night and during bedtime it is always a hard time to carry my medications and to use them wisely. I would like to ask if there's a good way that I could use and improve my medication consuming? Thank you !
    my mom uses a pill box that is a tray, and 7 separate plastic containers fit into it, one for each day of the week. Those 7 containers are divided up into 4 different slots, for 4 different times a day. When she goes out she can just take the one plastic container (instead of the weeks worth of pills) and it fits in her pocket or purse. Does something like that sound like it might work for you?

Old 06-21-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Looking for a smart medication consuming advice

Before my dad died, he too was on a ton of medication and my mom was getting confused giving them to him

We bought a medication dispenser online- you fill it once a week and it is divided up by morning, afternoon and evening- and by each day of the week.

It also has a timer on it. The machine both buzzes (like a cell phone) and opens, (battery operated) at the time you set it to do so. This way, if you forget it you took something, you can look at it and if the pills are still in it, you know you didn't take them. It also allows you to set it up when you are most awake and able to differentiate the pills so you know you are taking the right ones at the right time.

On the days when my dad had to be "out of the house", my mom would open the box in the morning before they left and put the doses he would be out of the house for into a portable pill carrier- one which was just for the day- three compartments am- afternoon- night. She would put the appropriate pills in the appropriate slot and take them with her. She would also set reminders on her cell phone to remember to give them to him.

I personally take medication morning and night. I have a full month pill organizer which is 31 days, am and pm slots. I try to take the am ones as soon as I wake up...and before bed, I take the pm ones...and there have been times when I forget if I took the morning ones- but I can go back and know if they are missing, I took them.

Hope this helps.

Reply Reply