It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Acne Story Message Board

My (Long) Acne Story!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
audreyh
(female)

audreyh HB User
My (Long) Acne Story!

My acne story starts back when I was 17! I was very depressed and stressed and my face showed it. I tried every possible over-the-counter and prescription acne medication you can possibly think of.

For a while, I even tried acupuncture. Which by the way, surprisingly worked! My acupuncture treatment included, face and stomach heat needles once a week, washing my face with baking soda, and taking probiotics every morning. I did this for a month and although I wasn't 100% cured I saw a big improvement.

I kept experimenting with many over-the-counter acne treatments with no look of ever getting rid of the scars, etc. I even took Accutane, which was painful, my skin dried up so bad, my lips dried completely, and I never got clear acne.

Then, I moved and maybe I was the weather, the water, I don't know what it was, my skin CLEARED COMPLETELY! I was finally not wearing tons of makeup for a chance.

However, when I moved back to the states it was a matter of time for my acne to flare back up.

Now, I was decided to get down to the root cause of my acne. I thought it was hormonal, and then a dermatologist said no way it's not hormonal. Roadblock there...

I kept trying with different products, I found some help with clay cleansers. But, of course, I was always using 10+ skincare products it was hard to tell what was working and what was making it work.

So, I took ALL my skincare products, ALL my makeup products, and my face to a dermatologist and said: "this is what I use, this is how my face looks right now, this is how my faced look 2 years ago (when it was clear), please HELP ME."

Obviously, the dermatologist laughed at me because she definitely was not expecting that. By now, I know my skincare ingredients, I know my routine, and I know what doesn't work. We talked for a while and we ended up with this SIMPLE skincare routine:
1. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
2. CeraVe AM/PM Moisturizer with SPF
3. Ventil (Retinol)
--> nothing else!

I was skeptical, but I was determined to give it a try. After 3 months, IT WAS GONE! My acne was completely banished. That's the power of a simple skincare routine.

Now, I'm only working on getting rid of the dark spots left by the years of acne. For that this is my beauty treatment routine:
- Every night: I use a red LED light therapy home device
- Once a week: I use an at-home derma roller
- Once a month: I use an at-home microdermabrasion device
- On occasions: when I have a pimple, I use a blue LED light therapy home device

Well, that's my story. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to audreyh For This Useful Post:
julianafoley (05-30-2018)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread