It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Vasomotor rhinitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2015, 05:53 AM   #1
    Roxane1
    Inactive
    (female)

Roxane1 HB User
    Vasomotor rhinitis

So i seems that I have Vasomotor rhinitis as no matter where I am I still get congested nose.

When I lie down I can't get a proper sleep, one side is always congested. And I am grateful that only one side and not both.
    During the day it's not too bad, but gets a bit stuffed up towards the evening, just enough to bother me and not being able to concentrate on other thing.

I used to live in the hot tropics, when all this sinus nightmare started. It got so bad, I was completely blocked up. Seen ENT, went through surgeries, tried all available stuff, finally I decided to move.
    I live now in a dry climate, moved here about a year ago.
    It's better, but still finding it very very frustrating that no matter where I am, I could be on the top of the Mount Everest or on the moon, I would still get congested nose.

Vasomotor Rhinitis is the only possible explanation, but reading more and more about it makes me think that there is absolutely nothing which might help. I read many articles, forums, none provided a proper solution, which actually worked for me

Unless this one: vidian neuroectomy. Just came across this. Has anyone had it?

So if you have VMR what do you do?

Last edited by Administrator; 04-14-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
    starlight294
    (female)

starlight294 HB User
    Re: Vasomotor rhinitis

Does your Rhinitis cause dizziness or balance problems Mine has caused polyps in the nasal passages and so much dizziness and even affects my ears

Old 04-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #3
    Roxane1
    Inactive
    (female)

Roxane1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starlight294 View Post
    Does your Rhinitis cause dizziness or balance problems Mine has caused polyps in the nasal passages and so much dizziness and even affects my ears
    No, no dizziness or balance problems, none whatsoever. Just stuffed nose. It comes and go, during the day it seems more or less ok, but at night one side when I sleep is constant, it's always blocked, the lower side usually.
    And no matter where I am, I have been to Europe in winter, and summer in Australia, same problem.

But I think I will get it checked for polyps, get a CT done. Mind you here in AU is an endless waiting list to see an ENT. I already seen quite a few privately, costed a small fortune, but I am not prepared to pay for another useless consultation, they only tell you to use costeroid sprays anyway.
    I also had a surgery for turbinate reduction back in 2010, didn't help either.

But I'll ask my GP for a CT scan.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:14 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Try Breathe right nasal strips at bedtime. They sure work for me!

Closed Thread