It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Is this Sinus?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #1
    ToPHeR35
    (male)

ToPHeR35 HB User
    Is this Sinus?

So for the past 2 months I've been suffering from some odd symptoms. When I originally went to my PCP I was having this random, sharp throbbing zap like sensations on the top, side of my head. They would just randomly come out of nowhere and go away. No lasting effect. My PCP said it's probably ETD and recommended Flonase.

Since then, the symptoms seemed to have increased to where there was a day when the whole day I felt drunk, not dizzy like I have to fall over. I also developed an eye floater on one side and my pupil is noticeably smaller. This freaked me out so I went to the optometrist for a checkup. He looked in my eyes and even took film of the back and he said he didn't see anything. I also still have perfect vision.

Since then, I have some lasting effects that seem to come and go daily such as head pressure and the eye floater is still there. The pressure seems to be in the area in the back of the nose where it connects to the throat & ears? It feels deep. I also get random pressure sensation that move around my head. Sometimes on one side, sometimes, on the top, and also directly in the back. Sometimes it feels like it travels down the sides of my neck at the base of my skull. I will also feel the pressure in the back of my head when I lay down to go to sleep at night. It also seems to become more intense when I sit down.

This has been going on since Mid-March. Nothing it debilitating, just annoying and makes me anxious that it's something really bad.

Does this sound like a sinus issue?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
    ToPHeR35
    (male)

ToPHeR35 HB User
    Re: Is this Sinus?

Is it possible for the superior sagittal sinus to become infected? This is the one that runs directly down the center of the skull to the back of the head. Is it possible to feel this sinus with slight finger pressure on the top of the head? I will get random waves where it feels as if pressure starts on the top and travels towards the back of the skull to like the occipital sinus? Most of the pressure, however, is on the top of the head which seems to me like the superior sagittal sinus.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
    ToPHeR35
    (male)

ToPHeR35 HB User
    Re: Is this Sinus?

I'm thinking this could be the sphenoid sinus. Does anyone have any experience with this type of sinus problem? I feel as if it is where the ear, nose, and throat meet in the back and I get head pressure on top and in the back of my head. It will also travel to the temples and behind the ears. It's almost like a pulsating pressure. It seems to be worse when sitting as well. I like (used to) smoke some MJ and now even if I take 1 hit it makes the pressure worse in that area. It starts to build about 15 mins later and lasts an hour or so. It also messes with my balance if I move my eyes too fast from time to time.

Closed Thread