It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• night time rhinitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-09-2015, 06:02 AM   #1
    movictor1
    (male)

movictor1 HB User
    night time rhinitis

hi, i have had 2 sinus operations to cure problems with my nose blocking and preventing me breathing through my nose. this problem still persists even after 4 years. One consultant said I had "night time rhinitis, and prescribed a nasal spray; I ended up trying about 4 different sprays, this problem happens only in the evening, especially when I go to bed.
    I now use Sudafed mucus relief spray, which solves the problem; if I don't control the blockage, I then start "reaching" violently, my sputum becomes very thick, which I cough up.at the age of 70 this becomes dangerous.
    I do not wish any more operations at my age, can anyone suggest a alternative treatment please?
    sincerely
    movictor1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: night time rhinitis

You're going to laugh this off but it works - Breathe Right nasal strips at bedtime. Works like a charm for me and many others. I buy the generic Equate ones from WalMart.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
    Bob652
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Bob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB UserBob652 HB User
    What sprays have you tried? My allergist recently gave me ipratroprium nasal spray and it's amazing! It's the best I have ever used for stopping my constant runny nose. I have post nasal drip from allergies and short of taking sudaphed, this is the only thing that successfully stops my nose. I haven't had any side effects and it's generic so it doesn't cost a fortune.

The following user gives a hug of support to Bob652:
    movictor1 (06-10-2015)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Bob652 For This Useful Post:
    movictor1 (06-10-2015)
    Closed Thread