It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus issues and CT scan results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
    dillybar22
    (male)

dillybar22 HB User
    Sinus issues and CT scan results

Hey everyone just wanted to get an opinion on the results I had from a CT scan.. I've been having sinus issues for the past couple of years and finally decided to see if something was actually wrong.. My quality of life has been pretty crappy due to having a constant pressure around my nose and always swallowing with mucus in my throat. I always feel like I just can't relax my face and my smell has, for the most part, been significantly reduced. After getting the results they told me there was no recommended treatment at this time but if there is anything at all that I can do to make my sinuses better I would be willing to try.. I've already had allergy pills.. Sinus pills.. Nasal spray.. Neti pots and nasal irrigation equipment. None of it seems to help.. Any suggestions from my results would be greatly appreciated.

FINDINGS:
    Insofar as seen, the frontal sinuses, ethmoid sinuses, maxillary sinuses, and sphenoid sinus are normally developed.
    Foci of minimal mucosal thickening involve the left maxillary sinus suggesting nonspecific sinusitis. Otherwise, the
    developed paranasal sinuses appear normally aerated. No air-fluid levels are noted within the paranasal sinuses. No
    abnormal sclerosis and/or destruction of the walls of the paranasal sinuses is observed. Mucosal thickening is observed
    about the turbinates within the nasal cavity suggesting nonspecific rhinitis. Pneumatization of the middle turbinate within
    the right-sided nasal cavity is observed in keeping with concha bullosa. Minimal deviation of a portion of the bony nasal
    septum to the left is observed with a rather small left-sided nasal septal spur.
    IMPRESSION:
    1. (Left-sided) maxillary sinusitis (minimal).
    2. (?) Rhinitis.
    3. Concha bullosa.
    4. Minimal deviation of bony nasal septum to the left with a small left-sided nasal septal spur.

Last edited by dillybar22; 06-22-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread