It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Dizziness with Sinus infections?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #1
    kevlaw
    (male)

kevlaw HB User
    Dizziness with Sinus infections?

Hello, I wonder if anyone else has this problem with sinus infections. I have gotten dizzy spells randomly nearly all my life as well as sinus infections, it was only recently that I wondered if the 2 are linked. My current sinus infection was coming on, and i got dizzy, this dizziness comes on as if I am going through a sense of De Javu, like i have had the same thought or did exactly as I was doing some time before, it is accompanied with a strong sense to Urinate or have a Bowl movement, even though I may not need to do, it only lasts for a few seconds then it fades away. I asked my doctor about this a few years ago, and he thought maybe was lack of food or liquid, but recently i made the connection that it could be affecting my inner ear from the build up of fluid from the sinus infection. Just curious if anyone else has the same symptoms? would be interesting to find out if I am alone in that or if indeed they are connected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User
    Re: Dizziness with Sinus infections?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevlaw View Post
    Hello, I wonder if anyone else has this problem with sinus infections. I have gotten dizzy spells randomly nearly all my life as well as sinus infections, it was only recently that I wondered if the 2 are linked. My current sinus infection was coming on, and i got dizzy, this dizziness comes on as if I am going through a sense of De Javu, like i have had the same thought or did exactly as I was doing some time before, it is accompanied with a strong sense to Urinate or have a Bowl movement, even though I may not need to do, it only lasts for a few seconds then it fades away. I asked my doctor about this a few years ago, and he thought maybe was lack of food or liquid, but recently i made the connection that it could be affecting my inner ear from the build up of fluid from the sinus infection. Just curious if anyone else has the same symptoms? would be interesting to find out if I am alone in that or if indeed they are connected.
    Hiya

Yes I have it too. It's a weird sensation. Before I know there's an allergy attack coming on I get a slight dizziness and my nose will completely block up. What happens is the nose and tubes to the ear fill up with mucus and it cannot drain causing the dizziness as the ears are our 'balance'. I've had it real bad this year in the UK can have sinusitis where I'm constantly congested. Doctor said 12 weeks and mine come on about 10 weeks ago so hopefully it be gone soon.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #3
    Shirob
    (female)

Shirob HB User

You are not alone! I suffer this sinus demon pretty much every season! As i am writing i have a terrible headache! My nose feels funny, toothache, dizzy spells but not everyday.. Sometimes i feel nausea and i sneeze alot! But when i sneeze i feel some relief! Now am taking some mucinex for sinus pressure and headache! I need answers too! And oh yah my nose whistles when i breathe in!

Old 01-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #4
    Shirob
    (female)

Shirob HB User

And one more thing i have mucus drainage!

Old 01-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #5
    EricNC
    (male)

EricNC HB UserEricNC HB UserEricNC HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shirobarbz View Post
    You are not alone! I suffer this sinus demon pretty much every season! As i am writing i have a terrible headache! My nose feels funny, toothache, dizzy spells but not everyday.. Sometimes i feel nausea and i sneeze alot! But when i sneeze i feel some relief! Now am taking some mucinex for sinus pressure and headache! I need answers too! And oh yah my nose whistles when i breathe in!
    As I have gotten older, I have noticed that if you have swollen sinuses, the symptoms will get into the inner ear, which can cause headaches and inner problems with ear ringing. I never have had a doctor explain it well. If you can improve sinus drainage the symptoms get much better. The nasal steroid sprays or a saline rinse do help. I do think mucinex helps a lot with drainage as you said. By the way, I have noticed excedrin works better on headaches than tylenol or aspirin by itself.

Last edited by EricNC; 01-19-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
    Shirob
    (female)

Shirob HB User

Its really annoying! It makes me just feel sick! Do anyone experience nausea?

Closed Thread