It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• No smell or taste

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
    grizzster
    (male)

grizzster HB User
    No smell or taste

Hi, I have had numerous sinus infections over the years and about three and half years ago I lost all sense of taste and smell. Along with this I felt stuffed up all the time and always had stuff coming down the back of my throat. When doctors think I have a sinus infection they put me on antibiotics(usually amoxicillin) after three days or so I start to smell and taste. When prescription is done, I lose it all again. Back in January I have surgery done on a deviated septum and they also removed polyps further up my nose. I was put on amoxicillin post surgery for 10 days and once again smell and taste came back until prescription was done. I told this to my ENT doctor and he thought it was strange and never heard of this before. He put me on amoxicillin for 3 weeks. Again after three days, sense of smell and taste came back. This lasted the entire duration of the prescription again. When that ran out, again smell and taste was gone. ENT just said....well you can't be on antibiotics the rest of your life. There has to be some correlation between me taking these antibiotics and regaining my senses. Has anyone else been through this or heard of this? I am getting frustrated with this. I have no smell or taste whatsoever. I can stick my nose in a gas can and can't smell it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
    lsimbo
    (female)

lsimbo HB User
    Re: No smell or taste

Am sorry to hear that. I also have the same problem, i can taste. I have not smelled a thing for the past 22 years. Sometimes i even forget i have no sense of smell. in this part of the world nothing was done about my problem

Closed Thread