It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Super bad sinus congestion and pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #1
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Super bad sinus congestion and pain

Two nights ago I threw up more than ever before, appx 10 liters and for no known reason and through my nose. While harrowing the worst came the next morning when sinus pain and pressure exploding my face occurred severely and has remained along with a fever of 100.8 degrees. Tonight tried nasal decongestant spray, antihistamine/decongestants and acetaminophen with very slight pressure relief. Feels like my sinuses have been scrubbed with a bottle brush. I haven't gone to ER bc the symptoms are very painful and I don't feel well enough to wait in line. Any ideas for help?

Last edited by gmak; 10-23-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User
    Re: Super bad sinus congestion and pain

I haven't been sick (yet) but my on going problems have turned to pain in the ears (just at the front) and more worrying I have tingling sensations all over my face and head. My nose is still congested and in a way this is a relief as I'm putting it down to that instead of the feared trigeminal neuralgia which is at the back of my mind. My sinus problems starTed in may.

The following user gives a hug of support to richard1971:
    gmak (11-02-2015)
    Old 10-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Thank you for replying! I went to ENT on Tuesday bc I have the sickest grossest smell and taste and drainage. She gave me moxifloxacin 400mg and then I saw my gastro to get nausea and reflux and colitis meds so I can successfully take antibiotics for ten days. I've taken 5 days and have still been so sick and flat with headache, face pain and nose clogged no air getting in until tonight I took a turn for the better. I SO hope you do well also!!

Old 11-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User

Thank you. Do you get face pain in your cheeks and in your gums? It's worse.for me when I lye down at night the pain in my gums are unbearable but my teeth look okay

Old 11-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Richard, I'm sorry and yes I have pain in maxilla bone above front teeth where the gum is. So painful!! However, for me when I awaken after lying flat all night the facial pain and pressure is almost nothing. It increases steadily the longer I stay upright standing or sitting. Do you have allergies that could be causing histamine release of fluid into your sinuses? My son used to have that but now takes an Rx non drowsy antihistamine daily that helps him so much. Hope we both get better soon!!

Old 11-12-2015, 07:35 PM   #6
    EricNC
    (male)

EricNC HB UserEricNC HB UserEricNC HB User

Does seem to be a virus that is causing sinus infections and bronchitis. A lot of people tend to get infections from this. I have had a problem with a sinus infection in my left forehead area and trouble hearing in left ear from this. I have mold allergies so I have had this trifecta of virus, sinus infection, and congestion from mold. This thing also causes a really nasty cough that everybody is getting in the southeast of the USA.

I got decent results from zpack antibiotic. Mucinex DX and extra strength excedrin have also helped.

Last edited by EricNC; 11-16-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #7
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricNC View Post
    Does seem to be a virus that is causing sinus infections and bronchitis. A lot of people to get infections from this. I have had a problem with a sinus infection in my left forehead area and trouble hearing in left ear from this. I have mold allergies so I have had this trifecta of virus, sinus infection, and congestion from mold. This thing also causes a really nasty cough that everybody is getting in the southeast of the USA.

I got decent results from zpack antibiotic. Mucinex DX and extra strength excedrin have also helped.
    Thanks so much and I'm glad the Zpack helped. I ended up taking from ENT a medrol dose pack so maxillary sinus could drain bc it was swollen shut and 2 more antibiotics. She said one to kill aerobic bacteria and the other for anaerobic bacteria. God only knows what bacteria it was since it came from stomach! Yuk! However FINALLY gross drainage , smell and taste is gone and the pressure almost gone now!

Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 AM   #8
    EricNC
    (male)

EricNC HB UserEricNC HB UserEricNC HB User

Does seem this antibiotic and prednisone combo works well. I have to do the same because of nasal swelling. I have found the neil med sinus wash really does help wash the crud out once the antibiotic can get the sinus cavity to open up a little.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #9
    xxPandoraxx
    (female)

xxPandoraxx HB User

Best thing for sinus probs is alkaline diet 80/20 and it's low in mucus to.. taking digestive enzymes can also be helpful as it draws out excess fluid etc

Facial massages for sinus drainage 30mins is unreal, u will feel drunk after for a while, as all the crap is draining but after its amazing, some need more than others.
    humidifier is great with warm steam to

Closed Thread