It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Desperate for Answers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
    FelixSky77
    (male)

FelixSky77 HB User
    Desperate for Answers

Hi. I've had sinus pressure around my nose, headaches, and all the other stuff that comes along with this crap for about 4 months now. Three rounds of antibiotics did nothing. ENT did direct injections of Prednisone and nothing. Nothing helps. Alegra-D helps a little. He is suggesting surgery. I had polyps removed last year and it did help a bit. Now new ENT wants to all the other stuff that's there.

I am frustrated because he said that I might have this for the rest of my life. How is that possible? How can I live like this for the rest of my life?

Can someone please let me know if that's really a possibility that I will be stuck with sinus pressure and clogged ears for the rest of my life ????

I am really desperate. I can't live like this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
    danabarb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
    Re: Desperate for Answers

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FelixSky77 View Post
    Hi. I've had sinus pressure around my nose, headaches, and all the other stuff that comes along with this crap for about 4 months now. Three rounds of antibiotics did nothing. ENT did direct injections of Prednisone and nothing. Nothing helps. Alegra-D helps a little. He is suggesting surgery. I had polyps removed last year and it did help a bit. Now new ENT wants to all the other stuff that's there.

I am frustrated because he said that I might have this for the rest of my life. How is that possible? How can I live like this for the rest of my life?

Can someone please let me know if that's really a possibility that I will be stuck with sinus pressure and clogged ears for the rest of my life ????

I am really desperate. I can't live like this
    I see that you live in southern California as do I and it has been one of the worst allergy seasons of my life, if that is of any help. The barometric change is causing trouble with umpteen people, including myself. It makes it difficult for me to read, I get headaches and the energy level is low; I, generally, have loads of energy. When I first experience this, a dr. put me on Prednisone, but I found that was only a false life because it lasted only so long and I was back to square one. So, I no longer take it and just have to put up with all of this. I don't like the sounds of your surgeon and would run from him so fast it would not be funny. It sounds to me as if he wants to do surgery because he has not found an answer. If you are going to consider surgery, I recommend going to Dr. Rice at USC. My allergist referred me to him years ago and I was pleased with the outcome. He is also very honest. Another thing to consider is the Grossman irrigator, which you can find on the Internet. The dr. who came up with it is a ear/nose and throat man. Good luck and, believe me, you are not the only one.

Closed Thread