It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Pain/Pressure on one side - CT Scan is clear

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
    benboy12
    (male)

benboy12 HB User
    Sinus Pain/Pressure on one side - CT Scan is clear

Hi All,

I have had sinus issues from the majority of my life. I would get a couple of sinus infections every year. If I did any kind of yard work and did not use a saline rinse, chances are I would have an infection within the next couple of days.

Over the past year, I have been very careful and was on a daily regimen of Nasacort and used Sudafed plus a saline rinse regularly. Anyway, I got another infection at the end of November. After two rounds of antibiotics, it seemed to go away. A couple of weeks later, I showed signs of another infection (or the last one had not really gone away). I took a third round of antibiotics and an oral steroid. The infection went away again. However, I continuously have sinus pain/pressure in the right side of my face (above and below my eye). The left side of my face feels fine, but I have consistent thick clear mucous draining from that side. I have to blow my nose throughout the day and always have a ton come out of the left side, but nothing come out of the right side (where the pain/pressure is).

I made an appointment with an ENT. He couldn't see anything from an external inspection. He ordered a CT scan for me. I just got back the results today. Everything looks clear. There was a small mucous cyst in my left sinuses, but he said that would disappear on my own and didn't think it was the issue since I wasn't feeling pressure on that side. His suggestion was to see an allergist (even though I am not showing typical signs of allergies such as itchy/watery eyes or sneezing). He also said there was a procedure where he could inflate a balloon in my sinus passages to widen them a bit. However, he said that procedure was a "crapshoot" since my CT scan showed up clean. I plan on seeing an allergist and going from there.

Has anybody had anything similar and have any suggestions? I want to think everything is okay because the CT scan came up clean. However, its hard to think that when the side of my face is hurting even using a nasal steroid and Sudafed daily. I just thought I would put my situation out there and see what others had to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread