It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
    Aprilmayc
    (female)

Aprilmayc HB User
    Sinus infection

Been fighting this for three weeks was put on z pack I took all but two pills because I was put on predisone and amoxicillin now I have one pill left of the amoxicillin the predisone is gone I still have a swollen face with pressure in my face today and feeling sick to my stomach yesterday was the first day I started to feel better I have been doing steam and hot compresses on my face I just don't understand why I still feel so crappy I have had sinus infections in the past this one is hanging on I am also taking ibrproohen three times a day and one allergy pill a day Zyrtec I have read so many things I am getting nervous they say bad sinus infection can go into your brain I have a physical next wend I am praying I will be better by then thanks for any info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Sinus infection

Hi....wow, i can well imagine your misery. Has your doctor taken an xray to see the extent of your infection?

I had a larynx infection that persisted and my doc put me on Clavulin. I ended up doing 2 courses consistently and it cleared up completely.

One thing you cannot do is miss any antibiotics, but in saying that....maybe have your infection cultured to see why it's stubborn.

Do make sure you're taking probiotics while on antibiotics to help prevent any gastrointestinal issues.

Have you tried any sinus rinses such as neti pot?

I'd suggest you stop the zyrtec and use Sudafed instead if you can. The antihistamines can cause more drying of the mucus. As well, use an expectorant like mucinex, robitussin, benylin or something in a formulation that doesnt have antihiatamine.

Hope you feel better soon.
    q

Last edited by quincy; 03-28-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
    Aprilmayc
    (female)

Aprilmayc HB User

Thanks I started out trying to clear it up by my self with the nedi pot and I had really bad burning in my sinus so I knew something was up with lots of pressure so went to my md he put me on the z pack but that was not working so I ended up at the walk in and they told me to stop the z pack I only had two left they put me on the predisone and the amoxicillin one more pill left and I am done and still have the sinus pressure in my face I have been back to my md had a cat scan because of stomach pain on my left side they gave my dr results and he said finish all prescriptions and take the ibroptfren or Advil three times a day so that's what I have been doing just seems like it's taking forever to clear up thanks for your help

Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I misunderstood about changing the Zithromax to amoxicillin.

Since you have improvement, I'd suggest you starting the Netipot or NeilMed squirt bottle (that you mix a powder with distilled or filtered water). If you don't have enough of the salt in a netipot, it'll hurt more (I did that with the NeilMed bottle..apparently I forgot the powder stuff...horrific pain)..lol.

If you're still blowing out coloured mucus, you would still have an infection. Sometimes they do take a long while.

Do try the Sudafed and the expectorant (Guaifenesin) which is in mucus and phlegm products.

feel better soon,
    q

Last edited by quincy; 03-28-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Closed Thread