It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• So tired of feeling this way!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
    orchidaloha
    (female)

orchidaloha HB User
    So tired of feeling this way!

I need help! I feel as though I'm at my wits end with everything that's going on with my health and I'm need to exhaust every possible option to try to get better. Last night was a bad one with sinus pain and pressure and stomach issues, which resulted in me getting maybe an hour of sleep. I can't function like this anymore!

I suffer from bad seasonal allergies, I have my entire life. I also have asthma and sinus issues. When allergy season starts up, I start getting some killer sinus headaches. I have pain in my cheeks, nose and forehead, and my cheeks feel tender to touch. I also experience a spaced out of feeling and get dizzy and light headed. Some days my nose is awful, like I have a cold and I feel as though on those days, my other symptoms are much better.

However, most of the time, my nose doesn't really run and my nostrils are usually pretty clear, but when I use the neti pot, there's a lot of clear stuff that comes out. Since it's clear I know it's not an infection, but if I don't do the neti pot where does it all go?! It's when my nose isn't congested that I find I have the worst sinus headaches and stomach issues.

Which brings me to my next point, when my sinuses are bad, my stomach gets really upset. I have asked doctors about this thinking it's maybe down to post nasal drip and they have said that my stomach shouldn't be upset from my sinuses since my nostrils are clear and I don't have an infection. The stomach issues are usually at their worst first thing in the morning and during the night.

When my sinuses are bothering me, I wake up every day with a dry mouth, most days with a sore and scratchy throat, and it usually takes a few hours for my voice to sound normal.

Another thing I get with the sinus pressure is a weird watery feeling in my mouth, and almost a tingling sensation. I've tried to explain this to doctors (including an ENT) and it gets brushed off. Is this feeling related to sinuses?

I should add that I have been suffering with bad anxiety over the past year or so, which makes all of these symptoms a thousand times worse.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these issues or am I alone?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2016, 04:34 PM   #2
    Katana
    (male)

Katana HB User
    Re: So tired of feeling this way!

Is it at all possible you have acid reflux at night, thus affecting your sinuses? Sounds like you need a good ENT to do a CT scan to evaluate your sinuses, and an upper endoscopy to see if you have to reflux. I suffered for years with first general sinus issues, then after surgery my right frontal stayed blocked for years..I can vouch for the awful headaches, malaise like chronic fatigue, and having to beg for CT scans to evaluate. After like the third surgery, the second one specifically aimed at clearing the frontal sinus, I knew it was still blocked. Went in, saw the PA at the practice who assisted in my surgery, and received a long lecture about how I had just had surgery, it couldn't possibly be my sinus, etc etc. I told him "I will bet you any amount of money right now that my frontal is still blocked." Went downstairs and had yet another CT, twenty minutes later a sheepish PA comes in and says "you were right..it looks the same as it did before surgery".

You have to learn to honestly assess how you feel, and if you know something is wrong, be an insistent patient to get the proper imaging done. Lingering infections in your sinuses, being in your head after all, make you miserable, and the longer they go on the worse subsequent infections get due to scar tissue build up at the openings of the various sinuses (called Ostia) and cilia which we depend on to move the mucus out become less and less able to function. Good luck..if your current doc won't order a CT, find one that will.

Closed Thread