It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Pressure left side of head

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2016, 08:50 AM   #1
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User
    Pressure left side of head

Left nostril always completely blocked . Causing pressure type feeling In that side of my head , ears and even teeth hurt too. If it wasn't for me having a completely all the time blocked nostril I'd be worried sick thinking something else. Anybody else have this, top left of head, ear and teeth ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Pressure left side of head

I think you're correct and your sinuses are to blame. Your top teeth would definitely hurt from that, your ear as well. I am finding that over the counter (in the U.S.) Flonase is working GREAT for me. I also find that a steamy shower can help somewhat. If your mucus is yellow or green you could have a sinus infection and need medication.
    Feel better!

Old 04-22-2016, 04:45 PM   #3
    Katana
    (male)

Katana HB User

You need to be evaluated by an ENT doc, and have a CT done of your sinuses. Top teeth pain means yor maxillary sinuses are full of fluid, and if you are constantly affected you might need a surgical procedure to make a pathway for drainage. Try plain Robitussin or Mucinex (or generic guaifenesin) to thin out the mucus and make it drain more easily, drink lots of water and humidify also. After thinning the mucus, you can add a decongestant like sudafed to ease swelling and get things open, try to limit decongestant use as you will get "rebound" congestion when they wear off, but they can be useful to get the sinuses open and draining again. I can't recommend the mucus thinning agents enough. They don't work instantly, but really help with the pressure and headache. If you have pain in the eyebrow region, that is your frontal sinus, if you have that and fever, I would urge you to see a doc soon. Frontal infections can be very serious, and they rarely get better with time, the infections cause scar tissue and swelling off the already small frontal opening which then makes it easier to get more blockage and more infection. I progressed from FESS surgeries, to an MELP, to a full frontal obliteration, so I can sympathize greatly with anyone suffering from frontal infections. I didn't have congestion, just awful, awful headaches and fevers, pain finally localizing to above my eyebrow. Good luck..get in to see the doc!

Last edited by Katana; 04-22-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Add thought after rereading original post, correct spell correct..frontal sinus, not "full frontal nudity"..

Old 04-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #4
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User

I am awaiting ct scan results (been waiting 4 weeks); still get constant head pressure and pressure in the teeth and around the ears . Do occasionally get pains top left of eye . Trigeminal neuralgia has been touted as a possibility but I do have constant clear mucus coming from nose especially when I work out.
    It's just not knowing .

Old 04-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #5
    Katana
    (male)

Katana HB User

Still sounds like sinus issues are the culprit.. Above your eye would be frontal sinus issues, which you can have with no congestion at all, because even when totally blocked (like mine was) you don't breathe through it, so you attribute pain there as headache or something else. I don't know what it is like where you are, but here in the US you can request a computer disc with your CT, MRI scans and X-rays. There are programs that are free, and some you can buy so that you can keep them and look at them on your own computer. I have found it very useful to show to docs. Have you tried mucus thinning agents and decongestants? Hope you get results soon..good luck!

Old 04-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User

Thanks for that.

I'm in the UK and I will inquire about those images see if I can access them. Hopefully the ct scan will show up inflammation or the sinus being full that will explain it all I thing.

I'll keep you posted
    Thanks

Closed Thread