It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinusitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
    Raider72
    (male)

Raider72 HB User
    sinusitis

Lately (June) I had a sinus infection, symptoms were pressure in head/eyes, runny nose, etc... also had an ear infection/fluid before that. btw I've never had a sinus infection or ear infection ever, well not in many many years. Also over past 2 months have had small bleeding from one nostril, nothing severe just maybe once every few days then would stop and not happen for awhile but then it happens week or so later, doctor told me put vaseline in as its dryness.
    Well recently just this month (day after doing gardening as a matter of fact, pulling weeds) I had the pressure in the head again, around the eyes, behind nose etc, lots of runny nose, about a week long constant blowing my nose, was clear liquid then started to turn yellow mucous (not thick or anything, usually yellow at first blow then became clear). Also had a cough with some phlegm. Went to walk in dr as the nasal muscous was more becoming more yellow and more of a cough, and he prescibed me Nasonex and Amoxocillin for 10 days... just finished that, symptoms got better (cough and chest cleared up) but still not 100%, and even while on the Amoxocillin for what he thought was Sinus Infection, I got Post nasal drip and I got two aphthous ulcers in back of throat (almost like cankers, sore), so not infection in throat as I was taking the meds for 7 days already before those appeared.
    Went to my doctor yesterday, he's convinced it's seasonal allergies/Allergic rhinitis.... as when i went to dentist not long ago for a sore tooth it showed nothing wrong and the sinuses from dental xray showed no infection (even tho its just lower sinuses that can been seen. So based on me telling him no body chills, no fever, just runny nose and lots pressure in head/eye area he says its allergies. I asked and will be getting xray on sinuses anyways to rule that out, but I just thought entire time this is sinus problem, not allergies. I've had allergies before but almost every time I get itchy nose and sneeze alot, I have had none of that (well maybe odd sneezing) but no itchiness around eyes or nose or anything like that from when I usually have allergy symptoms. And wouldn't the yellow mucous indicate infection? Or can allergies also cause yellow snot...???? Just confused on wether this is allergies or sinus problem.

Last edited by Raider72; 09-02-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2016, 04:47 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: allergies or sinusitis

I guess the obvious question is whether or not you've tried an antihistamine. Also, a saline rinse like NeilMed would probably flush out any remaining sinus infection.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #3
    Raider72
    (male)

Raider72 HB User

No I've just had amoxocillin and now I'm currently using Nasonex spray. I actually have a NeilMed Sinus Rinse totally forgot we had it and will use that and see if helps! Thanks for bringing that up!

Old 09-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
    Raider72
    (male)

Raider72 HB User

Had an Xray done on my sinuses and Dr. says I have signs of Sinusitis, however not too bad and no need for antibiotics but just to continue the Nasonex (which btw is not working).... So basically right now no stuffiness or anything, just pressure by my eyes/head driving me nuts..... Doing the Neilmed Sinus rinse once a day.... feel the same. Is there something else I can take better than Nasonex?

Closed Thread