It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Longest Sinus infection possible?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
    narlocza
    (male)

narlocza HB User
    Longest Sinus infection possible?!

Alright, I'll just get down to the nitty gritty here. A few years ago, I noticed a drooping of my eye. So, I went down to the nearest hospital for them to check it out. I did an eye exam, and although my vision SEEMED fine, my droopy eye's vision was atrocious! They claimed a "Horner's Syndrome" and I was scheduled for MANY MRIs and CT scans. Apparently, they found a "mucosal thickening or abnormal structure interference in my ethmoid sinus." It is Ethmoid Sinusitis. On the downfall, just early this spring (pretty sure it was April/May, I was sent BACK to my doctor's office and she absolutely refused to do a nasal swab to even see what kind of infection it was. She prescribed me antibiotics for 21 days. I used as directed, and no signs or symptoms wore off. I don't know what to think of this. It's been chronic for around 3 years now (nonstop living every day with the same symptoms of Ethmoid Sinusitis) and have no where else to go but here.

My question is what should I do? Should I go back to my doctor and demand a nasal swab, go for another MRI of my orbital area to see if the infection is gone and is now asymptomatic?

Last edited by narlocza; 10-26-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
    sbrodacz
    (male)

sbrodacz HB User
    Re: Longest Sinus infection possible?!

Have you ever figured it out? I have a similar problem, but have not had antibiotics for longer then 10 days.

Closed Thread