It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Cannot get rid of sinus pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
    sbrodacz
    (male)

sbrodacz HB User
    Cannot get rid of sinus pressure

I am going to start from the beginning. I do not want to miss something. Last year in March, I started to have eye problems and thought I may need glasses for the first time. I went to an eye doctor and they determined I needed a weak prescription with antiglare. The eye Dr. said It should start to get better in a week or two. A few weeks went on and it did not get better. I went back to the eye Dr. and he said I needed to see an opthamologist. I made an appointment with an ophthalmologist. At my appointment we realized my eyes were not moving together and was told to get an MRI right away that it could be a brain tumor or MS. My family and I started to freak out. I ended up seeing my Dr. before anything. Right away my Dr said it's neither a brain tumor or MS. He said I have allergies and have a bad sinus infection. I had no idea. I have never had allergies or a sinus infection before. I was put on an antibiotic, steriod, alegra and flonase. Problem solved.

This past April I started to get really bad allergies and sinus pressure. Allergy medicine seemed to work for part of the morning and then wear off. Sudefed helped a little. I would wake up in the middle of the night with my eyes burning and needing to take a Benadryl. I saw my DR and was again told I had a sinus infection and was given the same treatment I had the year before. For a few days I started to feel better but then everything when back to crap. I went back to my DR and he referred me to an allergist. The allergist was absolutely awful. She did two different test and determined I was allergic to dust mites. She gave me a nedipot and prescribed another kind of nasal spray that would help my sinuses start to drain. I wanted to try and ask her why I felt like crap when I was outside and buy other plants/trees but she disappeared to see another patient without our conversation being over.

Again, for a couple of days I started to feel better and then back to crap. I waited a month or so and then went back to the DR. I was prescribed the same stuff. Steroids are done and I have a few days of antibiotics left. Once again, I felt better for the first few days and then back to crap. The pressure is making me go nuts! I have a air purifier going on in the bed room. Vacuum the carpet upstairs all the time and have a allergy cover on the bed and pillow. I am really not sure what to do at this point. I don't know if the sinus pressure is because of Allergies or what. I still have to take an allergy pill in the morning and night otherwise my eyes start to burn. I am using the netipott in the morning and before bed along with flonase. I don't know I need to get put on a stronger allergy medcine. I really do not believe that all of these symptoms ares from dust mites. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This past April I started to get really bad allergies and sinus pressure. Allergy medicine seemed to work for part of the morning and then wear off. Sudefed helped a little. I would wake up in the middle of the night with my eyes burning and needing to take a Benadryl. I saw my DR and was again told I had a sinus infection and was given the same treatment I had the year before. For a few days I started to feel better but then everything when back to crap. I went back to my DR and he referred me to an allergist. The allergist was absolutely awful. She did two different test and determined I was allergic to dust mites. She gave me a nedipeti and prescribed another kind of nasal spray that would help my sinuses start to drain. I wanted to try and ask her why I felt like crap when I was outside and buy other plants/trees but she disappeared to see another patient without our conversation being over.

Again, for a couple of days I started to feel better and then back to crap. I waited a month or so and then went back to the DR. I was prescribed the same stuff. Steroids are done and I have a few days of antibiotics left. Once again, I felt better for the first few days and then back to crap. The pressure is making me go nuts! I have a air purifier going on in the bed room. Vacuum the carpet upstairs all the time and have a allergy cover on the bed and pillow. I am really not sure what to do at this point. I don't know if the sinus pressure is because of Allergies or what. I still have to take an allergy pill in the morning and night otherwise my eyes start to burn. I am using the netipeti in the morning and before bed along with flonase. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by sbrodacz; 10-29-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread