It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Infection Need Advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
    sbrodacz
    (male)

sbrodacz HB User
    Sinus Infection Need Advice

I have had sinus pressure since April. Saw my doctor over the summer and he thought it was a sinus infection. I was given an antibiotic, nasal spray and steroid. It never really got better. I saw him again and he had me go to an allergist. The allergist was worthless. I went to another dr and was put back on an antibiotic, nasal spray and steroid. Both times I was on the antibiotic it was for 10 days. I never really felt better. I went to another allergist, she thought it was not a sinus infection and tried a couple of different nasal sprays. It never got fully better so she had me get a CT scan. The CT scan showed there was still an infection in the sinuses in the checks and forehead. She wants me to go to a ENT to get the infection check and put on the right kind of antibiotic. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
    sbrodacz
    (male)

sbrodacz HB User
    Re: Sinus Infection Need Advice

I saw the ENT today. He looked in my nose and reviewed my cat scan that was done last week. He does not think there is an infection. He said there is some inflammation in the sinuses but otherwise everything looks good. He said to use flonase or nasacort 2 sprays each side 2 times a day. He said he thinks its a mild case of sinus rhinitis. I am on prednisone which does not seem to be helping. He said that's another reason why does not thing it is my sinuses.

I don't know what do. I know my ears feel like they are being affected by it. The last few nights I have been waking up with throbbing pain in the right ear. It does go away after 20 minutes or so. The ENT checked my ears and did not see anything.

At this point, I guess it is just a waiting game.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-22-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
    sbrodacz
    (male)

sbrodacz HB User

It turns out it's allergies. I stopped using the neilmed so often and have been using Flonase two sprays twice a day and Nasal Crom two sprays up to 3 times a day and things have gotten much better. I still feel it here and there but it's never as bad as it was. Smells still bother me. At least things have gotten better. My ears feel like they need to pop here and there throughout the day but the awful ear pain that would come is gone. Sinus pressure is at a minimum. I would say the itchy eyes is the worse symptom.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sounds like you need an oral antihistamine as well.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
    sbrodacz
    (male)

sbrodacz HB User

I take claritin in the morning and zirtec at night.

Closed Thread