It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• HELP, bad nasal odor in warm weather

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
    AllieCarolina
    (female)

AllieCarolina HB User
    HELP, bad nasal odor in warm weather

I need help. I get a bad odor coming from my body when the temperature is over 75 degrees. I believe it is coming out of my nose. It's not the typical body odor, its a dirty sock feces smell.

In the winter I am golden, and smell great. It is so strange and embarrassing. Just recently this winter we had a warm spell and I was outside all day. Boom the horrid smell was there in my system.
    It comes out my nose and breath when exhaling.

This phenomenon has been happening for years and years. I'm about to lose it.
    Why would I only smell bad in warmer tempeatures. Again, it's not typical BO sweat odor. My body parts do not smell.
    All I can come up with is possibly
    1-that something I am allergic comes out in warm temps
    2- bacteria, fungus in my mucus drainage changes in warm temps.
    HOW TO GET RID OF THIS WHEN ITS WARM, any ideas would be so helpful I'm in misery. Plus I live in the southern US where is is warm 75% of the year.
    Sincerely would be grateful for any input! My doctors think I'm crazy.
    I know its true because I notice it immediately and my kids comments about stinking when they get close to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
    Shworried
    (female)

Shworried HB User
    Re: HELP, bad nasal odor in warm weather

Hi,

I have been experiencing this as well for the past 9-10 months. I initially thought it was due to a type of acid reflux but have since learned it started because of a tooth abscess in my upper molar which drained into my sinuses causing sinus infection. My smell is more of a rotten egg/poop smell. I have taken the antibiotic Augmentin & have been doing a nasal irrigation with grapefruit seed extract added to it. It is starting to improve so hopefully this may help you also (if you are still having this issue). Check with your doctor if grapefruit seed extract is safe for you as it can interact with some meds/conditions. Good luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
    bad breath probiotics bad breath cure, drainage, mucus, odor