It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Post Nasal Drip Randomly Back. Please Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
    chrgunn
    (male)

chrgunn HB User
    Post Nasal Drip Randomly Back. Please Help!

Iíve had 24/7 post nasal drip in the past, but it completely went away for 1-2 years. I went to the gym last week and noticed that my left nostril was congested and that I kept feeling the urge to swallow mucus or spit it out. Since that day, my post nasal drip is completely back even though it was gone for over a year. Itís been less than a week but I am constantly feeling the urge to swallow built up mucus or spit it out all day/night again. Having to constantly swallow mucus down the back of my throat is very annoying, makes my throat sore, makes my breathe smell terrible, and is overall disgusting. Today I did a high intensity workout training and could hardly breathe with all the constant swallowing and spitting of mucus. I am not sick nor did I get sick when I went to the gym. I havenít gotten sick for several months now. For this reason and because my mucus is clear (not yellow or green), I donít think itís a sinus infection. What could be the cause for this detriment to randomly start back again? My allergies are not any worse than normal, and I take an antihistamine + Flonase daily like Iíve been for years. I drink plenty of fluids and minimize alcohol/caffeine. The drainage is primarily coming from the left side of my nose/sinuses. Sometimes my left nostril will become somewhat congested and causes the drip to get worse. But overall, thereís not a lot of pressure or congestion, itís mainly just the constant build up and swallowing of mucus thatís unbearable.

Is this happening because of a sudden increase in mucus production thatís causing an excess of mucus to constantly dump down my throat? Or is it because there are some sinus passages that suddenly got blocked, so now itís flowing down my throat in higher quantity as an alternate route?

Other than allergy medication, Iíve tried gargling salt water and flushing my sinuses via NeilMed Sinus Rinse. They seem to help slightly but do not eliminate the problem. I ordered a "SinuPulse Elite Advanced Nasal Sinus Irrigation System" because I feel that there may be some deeper sinus passages that are blocked when I was at the gym that may be causing this. Are there any other products/remedies youíd recommend in my situation?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread