It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Severe Sinus Inflammation for 9 months

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
    DogFluff
    (female)

DogFluff HB User
    Severe Sinus Inflammation for 9 months

So since I always have to wait forever in between doctor appt, I've been posting on the internet but no answers so I'm trying here. First of all, I've had 2 allergy tests, negative, but I'm asking my allergist because over 24 hours later my arm reacted to something so does that mean I'm still allergic but it's delayed? Who knows.

I've been on antibiotics, steroid, sprays. Pills. Capsaicin spray now. Up until a few days ago nothing would help my breathing, except the zicam aloe gel spray. It helps my breathing, but not the insane pressure in my sinuses. The worst side effect is this loud ringing I hear 24/7 so obviously I haven't slept well in months, and I put off sleeping a lot.

Literally NOTHING is making my sinuses go back to normal. Sinus rinse/neti pots don't do anything. Saline spray, nothing. When I wake up, 90% of the time I'm stuffed up. So unless I had a delayed allergy on my arm (the 2nd test was for dust mites because I was borderline), like what do I do. I should also mention I was on a ton of different antihistamine sprays like flonase and stuff so you would think that would fix it if I was allergic?

The only thing that is related to this surgery wise and health wise was when I was around 3 I got my adenoids taken out because I got sinusitis a lot. But I haven't had any issues until July when it all started.

Symptoms: Ear pain, nightly headaches, congestion, dry nose, (no running at all or mucous), ringing in ears, tooth pain, pressure, loss of balance

When it's dead silent, especially in certain rooms the "sound" of the ringing and like pressure sound is so intense. It's driving me crazy. My theory was that this stemmed from my stand up fan, I had it blowing into my face for months and months, but I moved it a long time ago and have no cold air blowing in my face anymore so you would think it would go away?

Oh also got Ct scan and it was normal.

Edit: I also want to add I think it maybe could be TMJ? Because I have chronic stress and clench my teeth a lot when sleeping, but I have a retainer now.

Last edited by DogFluff; 04-17-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #2
    MountainReader
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
    Re: Severe Sinus Inflammation for 9 months

Hi,
    There is a sticky at the top of the TMJD board that has a list of the types of symptoms that can present with TMJD. It is worth pursuing.

Another thing to consider for the sinus pain is 'silent' acid reflux.

I have/had severe allergies, chronic sinus problems, acid reflux, and TMJD issues all around the same time. I always attributed my sinus problems to the allergies. I reacted severely to the testing and my CT scan looked horrible. Ironically, I had surgery for the 'silent' acid reflux and my chronic sinus problems went away. Turned out the gaseous acid had been finding its way up to my sinus cavities.

My TMJD presented as ear problems. Pain, ringing, stuffiness, headaches, etc... Took me over a year to figure out it was TMJD and longer to find relief. The thing about TMJD is that there is no one 'fix', but rather a combination of things to do to help.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-18-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
    DogFluff
    (female)

DogFluff HB User
    Re: Severe Sinus Inflammation for 9 months

MountainReader,

Thanks so much. After months of trying things, that might be the issue.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-18-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Reply Reply