It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Post Balloon Sinuplasty Issues

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
    jeff037
    (male)

jeff037 HB User
    Angry Post Balloon Sinuplasty Issues

A little more than a week ago I had a Balloon Sinuplasty to help with ongoing sinus and allergy issues since I moved to Florida. The quick outpatient option did not work for me because I had a bad reaction to the local anesthesia the doctor was putting up my nose. Instead, I had to reschedule at the surgery center and go under general anesthesia in order for the procedure to happen. Since then, I have had some fierce nose bleeds (the incision in the left turbinate would not clot, it has since been cauterized). However, I am still having some nasty headaches that consume my whole head and neck, and last for the greater part of the day. Percocet, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, and Asprin do not help at all. The dizziness is so bad that I get nausious. I have this overall feeling of a depression of a sort, I feel "off", and just blah.
    The questions I can not find answers to, and my doctor just blew off are, are these headaches normal after this procedure? Is the dizziness normal? What is causing the dizziness? and, how long will these symptoms last? I am pretty miserable. The symptoms I mentioned above, I did not experience at all pre-surgery. If there is anyone out there that has some answers for me, please reply.

Thanks all,
    Jeff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
    rr90
    (male)

rr90 HB User
    Re: Post Balloon Sinuplasty Issues

This is a couple months late, but I had balloon sinuplasty as well. My experience is similar to yours as far as recovery. I felt absolutely terrible for weeks. I had a lot of pain in my sinuses where the device was opened and felt dizzy and off. I think allergies may have contributed to some of the after effects but I would not do it again nor recommend it.

Reply Reply