It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Postnasal Drip Worries

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
    JustinKW
    (male)

JustinKW HB User
    Postnasal Drip Worries

So I've had postnasal drip for the last 4 or 5 days. As a result, my throat has been affected. It's not necessarily hurting, but I get a terrible "lump" feeling in my throat. It has made eating hard, mainly due to the fact that I am simply scared to eat. The feeling in my throat just bothers me so much. I've been to the doctor and have been perscribed antibiotics in case it becomes infected. My mucous is clear, which I heard is a sign that its not infected.

Anways, my main question is how long does it last? I've read on multiple forums that people have suffered from it for years. This terrifies me because it has seriously affected my life. I'm a teen from the Southeastern US, so there's plenty of pollen. However, I haven't really been outside since this happened. I drink plenty of water, have been on mucinex since the start of the problems, and I take zantac for acid reflux, which i've had for years.

I've tried many others solutions like the gargling of salt water, the netipot, and honey. They all help, but only very temporarily. All of this truly terrifies me since I've suffered from anxiety for years; however, i'm not on any medication for it.

I just want to get better before my senior year of high school next month. If anyone has any advice, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply