It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Unable to wear glasses due to pain.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #1
    littlepup27
    (male)

littlepup27 HB User
    Unable to wear glasses due to pain.

I'm 27 years old and for some reason I suddenly can't wear glasses anymore without experiencing pain. The pair I had worn for a few years broke back in April and when I tried to find a new pair, I had trouble finding any that didn't hurt. I assumed that maybe I was just buying ones that were too big or heavy but 10+ pairs and six months later I still can't wear glasses. I've worn glasses since second grade and never had an issue till now. The pain starts where the glasses are pressing on my nose and radiates outward, like a headache. It's this horrible dull aching pressure type of pain, with shootings pains if I try to fight through it and keep them on. It really hurts.

I saw my GP and he was perplexed. He sent me in for an MRI to make sure I didn't have a tumor (wearing glasses through the pain sometimes results in dizziness where I can't keep my balance, like the room is tilting on me, and that concerned him). MRI came back with mucosal thickening of the maxillary sinuses and a spinal anatomical variant, no tumors. He said he didn't think the sinus thing would cause pain but I asked him for a referral to an ENT. My appointment isn't for another two months because the ENT is booked.

I am miserable. I am nearsighted and need my glasses to function. I have gone without my sight for eight months and I've gotten to a point where I've started wearing a loose fitting hat and hanging the glasses from the hat with a string. I just don't know what to do anymore. And now the arms of my glasses cause pain over my ears. I'm just always in pain now. The other night I went to see star wars and I kept my glasses up by using medical tape to hang them from my forehead and the pain in my forehead afterward was so bad I could have vomited. I just don't understand it.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with me?

Last edited by littlepup27; 12-21-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
    rebecca70
    (female)

rebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB User
    Re: Unable to wear glasses due to pain.

contact lenses?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Metal frames or plastic?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #4
    littlepup27
    (male)

littlepup27 HB User

I have astigmatisms in both eyes and haven't been able to find any that I can see clearly out of that are comfortable.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:35 AM   #5
    littlepup27
    (male)

littlepup27 HB User

I've tried 10+ pairs of both plastic and metal frames, they all caused pain.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you talked with your eye doctor? You only mention your GP

Reply Reply