It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Ear Fullness/Sinus Drainage Issues/Won't Go Away

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
    SmilingSunflowe
    (female)

SmilingSunflowe HB User
    Ear Fullness/Sinus Drainage Issues/Won't Go Away

About 7 weeks ago I noticed my ear felt kind of full and I could faintly hear my heartbeat. This came out of the blue and I'd not been sick. About 5 days later I went to the doctor and my sinuses were really getting full on one side. The dr said I had fluid behind my eardrum and gave me antibiotics.

Fast forward 5 weeks, it got much worse, kept filling up and only draining down the back, never down my nose. Or it would just sit in my face and it felt like my Eustachian Tube was clogged. I had gone back to 2 other doctors in the practice and they said my ear looked fine, must be a sinus infection that was bad and gave me 2 other antibiotics. Also had me on Flonase, nasal decongestants, all sorts of things to try to help it. I did a lot of research and could find nothing quite like what I was describing. I was starting to get nervous and it was also very annoying!

I finally decided to go to the Chiropractor after the dr told me that the next step was an ENT and nasal endoscopy and probably a CT scan. I had gone to the chiro a year or so before and hadn't been since, but I do have a history of my neck area going 'out' and would have to get it adjusted now and then. In hindsight, I see I had been protecting my right side, sleeping on the opposite side, all sorts of things to protect the right side so my upper back/neck area didn't go 'out' and send me to the chiropractor.

I went and he said he knew what the issue was... my C1 (top vertebrae) was locked out of place and had been for so long that it has pushed my mandible into my Eustachian Tube and caused all these issues. I was skeptical at first, but now I've gone 4 times and have been doing some specific neck yoga exercises and I'm a good 75% better! He said it should totally clear up within the next month.

I was looking into TMJ, as it seemed to swell up in my jaw area right in front of my ear when I chewed. He checked my jaw and said it was fine.

I had no idea and am scared to even think of what all I would've gone through (and paid for) if I hadn't gone to get my alignment checked at the chiropractor. My neck didn't hurt, I had no idea it was out, but I did have limited movement that I had had so long I didn't even notice it anymore.

Yoga really helps too and I've really gotten into yoga the past year, but he pointed out that it can't correct something that is locked out of place, but it can strengthen the areas and keep it in place.

I just wanted to share because since then I've only found one site that even mentions anything like this and I combed the net for many hours over the 6 weeks of trying to figure out what in the world was causing the sinus and clogged ear feeling. It was apparently out of place so bad that my glasses are now fitting my face better. I'm so glad God led me to figure this out!

If you are having similar issues, it's worth a try!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply