It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Loss of Smell/Nasal Issues

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #1
    consigliere
    (male)

consigliere HB User
    Loss of Smell/Nasal Issues

Good morning,

Has anyone here experienced the following:

Nasal Congestion - but it feels more like extremely dry in the nasal cavity. Blowing the nose doesn't really relieve the feeling?

Most importantly - I have not been able to smell and taste for weeks. It's only occasionally when I blow my nose really hard, do I get airflow that allows me to smell and taste for a brief second.

I'm on 40 mg prednisone, but that isn't helping. I've also been taking Singulair and Nasacort, figuring that

Anyone have the same issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #2
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User
    Re: Loss of Smell/Nasal Issues

Super late response but yes!
    Itís very easy to lose your sense of smell when you suffer all these sinus related problems. And because you canít smell, you canít taste either. Most of what makes up of your taste is based off of what you can smell. I remember when I had a bad spout, I tried eating my favorite macaroni and cheese and it tasted god awful because I couldnít taste it at all. I can taste ahain, but I stopped eating it lol

Old 05-14-2018, 08:34 AM   #3
    Smlpkg122
    (female)

Smlpkg122 HB User
    Re: Loss of Smell/Nasal Issues

I actually lost both sense of smell and taste for over a year once when I took the nasal spray. When I looked up the side effects that was one of them. I was also on prednisone (which sucks by the way). Not only did I lose my sense of smell but I had weird smells come over me, mostly it was always the smell of cigarettes which killed me because I am a reformed smoker and hate the smell now. After going off the nasal spray it can take anywhere from 4 months to 2 years to get your sense of smell and taste back. This was why I go off the nasal spray.

Reply Reply