It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Looking for advice/suggestions for my chronic sinusitis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
    Agm1994
    (female)

Agm1994 HB User
    Unhappy Looking for advice/suggestions for my chronic sinusitis

Hi all! Seeking guidance.
    Background: Iím a 23 year old female, been suffering with sinus issues most of my life. The past year has been worse. My main symptoms are sinus pressure/headaches, ear clogging/constant popping, and extreme fatigue. Iíve pretty much stopped drinking alcohol because I canít even have a sip without my sinuses acting up. My ENT believes that my sinusitis is mostly from allergies. My CT showed one sinus almost fully blocked, I was put on prednisone for a week in addition to 3 weeks of antibiotic to attempt to flush the sinus (it failed). Because of constant sinus issues my whole life Iíve become pretty immune to most antibiotics. Out of all my symptoms, the fatigue bothers me the most.
    Treatment: some days Iíll take Claritin, other days Iíll take singulair prescribed from my ENT. Iíve switched off different nasal sprays, nothing feels like it works. Iíve tried saline flushing but because my sinus is blocked, it often drains in my ears and throat and causes more irritation. Things that I found help a bit is different teas, and I use essential oils (usually peppermint and eucalyptis) and sleep on a couple pillows to help (although that then causes back and neck issues). My doctor currently doesnít feel that sinus surgery is the best choice.. yet

Iím looking for some treatment suggestions. Different allergy pills? Natural symptom releif? Iíve heard things about chiropractic care? Open to suggestions! Plz helppppp

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
    jjjohanna
    (female)

jjjohanna HB User
    Re: Looking for advice/suggestions for my chronic sinusitis

Im in the same situation after 3 surgeries... again one maxillary completely blocked and the other sinuses inflamed... fog, pressure, dizziness, painfully stuffy nose. Im in my fifth month now... antibiotics and steroid didnt help. What has helped me a bit are - besides all the inhalations, essential oils, neti pot, acupressure.... eating horseradish every day and inhaling its fumes (I put grated horseradish in a tissue and into the nose and inhale deeply), taking horseradish and tumeric supplements, doing gravity therapy (hanging like a bat from fitness rods), and putting 1/4 of a probiotic capsule in my neti pot.

Recently the sinuses improved a bit that is HUGE for me. Hope u will get better soon!

Old 04-27-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Looking for advice/suggestions for my chronic sinusitis

Claritin is pretty much an entry level antihistamine -meaning it isn't very strong. Allegra would probably be next with Zyrtec then Zyxal being the top level of the OTC ones. Singulair doesn't work for everyone - did nothing for me. I'd suggest moving up with one of these.

Also, have you had allergy testing? Sounds like you need environmental and food testing. I'd also see an immunologist for those allergies instead of an ENT.

Last edited by Titchou; 04-27-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    chronic sinusitis, fatigue, sinus congestion