It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• My Sinus Saga

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
    ItsMyLife486
    (female)

ItsMyLife486 HB User
    My Sinus Saga

Around the middle of August I started to experience sinus problems. I had the pain and pressure in my head and face. My nose was stuffy and I was having brief periods of vertigo. A week later I went to a Clinic after not being able to get in touch with my doctor. The practitioner there said she say post nasal drip, but my nose and ears were clear. She said take regular Mucinex and allergy pills. A week later things were not getting better. The stuffiness and pressure got worse. The vertigo went from being a nuisance to interfering with daily activities. Finally was able to get to the doctor who saw the post nasal drip but also said my right ear was red and she could see fluid in my left ear. I got antibiotics and was told to stop the allergy meds. I started to feel better, but the past few days the symptoms are coming back full force. My head hurts around my eyebrows. There is pressure in my cheeks and nose. The vertigo is back to interfering with daily life.

Sorry for the long narrative. I am hoping that someone has some idea how I can get relief.

Thank you

Last edited by Administrator; 10-01-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: My Sinus Saga

Hi....i feel for you bigtime. I went through similar hell last August....lasted over 2 months.

Sounds like you should be set up for a sinus x-ray , possibly a different antibiotic after this one and possibly a short burst of prednisone to take down the inflammation.

What antibiotic are you on?

As well, request a nose swab.

Do stay on the mucinex and Sudafed is very helpful....but not antihistamine.

Sinus rinses help....i use the NeilMed squeeze bottle one....do it twice a day.

Hope you feel better soon! Okease keep us updated.
    q

Last edited by quincy; 09-08-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:23 AM   #3
    ItsMyLife486
    (female)

ItsMyLife486 HB User

What antibiotic are you on?
    q[/QUOTE]

They put me on Amoxicillin 875-125. I finished it Sunday. I was feeling better after being on it for a few days, but then started feeling worse again.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I suggest Clavulin...a longer course of it. I was on two courses last fall.

q

Old 09-29-2018, 11:11 PM   #5
    Motiv8247
    (female)

Motiv8247 HB User

Just wanted to state that I'm very sorry. It sucks to keep going back and not continue to get better and an ENT basically saying everything is fine. I too have had this problem. Augmentin is a great antibiotic, and many others but there are multiple issues that I encountered with this. I learned that Sinus infections have to be treated for a longer period of time. I was on augmentin, another antibiotic that I don't know why I keep forgetting, then Doxycycline for 21 days, and yet still the fluid in my ears came back and the pain in my sinuses, swollen lymph nodes, feeling run down, sinus headaches, and then I got bacterial Pink Eye from it and my ENT blew me off. I went to the closest Urgent care and they had me diagnosed in 5 minutes. Apparently it was common for them to.see that and it was an antibiotic resistant infection (AKA... Staph infection) they gave me a double shot.in my bottom and a broad spectrum antibiotic that I have had to take around the clock, every 6 hours and this time my symptoms were finally gone. I had wen dealing with this since June of this year.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
    ItsMyLife486
    (female)

ItsMyLife486 HB User

I was put on Augmentin for another 2 weeks. Just finished the final dose a few days ago. I haven't felt this good in a month. Fingers crossed it worked.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #7
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Good to hear it's an improvement. Keep up with sinus rinses now that it's improved.
    Hoping this is it!
    thanks for the update..
    q

Reply Reply