It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• My CT Scan results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-12-2018, 05:16 AM   #1
    abhigupta
    (male)

abhigupta HB User
    My CT Scan results

Hello fellow community members. I hope all of you are well. I come here to seek some advice regarding a sinus problem that I am suffering. About 2 months ago, I had a polyp discovered in my nasal cavity, in my left nose which has been growing since the last 2 months. I had a CT Scan of my nose and PNS due to that problem as it was adviced by my doctor. I got my scan results today.I am posting the results over here because I want some genuine advice on what should be my next step, I am currently on a 2 month long office trip and is scheduled to return home after 45 days from now and only then see the doctor for the scan results. That was my initial plan but looking at my results I have a feeling there is something bad going on and I might have to see the doctor as soon as possible. I know nobody here could be a substitute for actual medical consultation but I hope some of you might have had experiences with this and may be able to guide me whether I should continue this office trip or go back home immediately. That is all I want and please give me honest answers. Do not hold back facts thinking you might scare me. Give me your exact honest opinion. Following is my scan result:-

CT SCAN OF PNS AND NOSE:-
    Findings:-

1. Left Maxilla is normal.
    2.A large heterogenous density mass is seen filling the right maxillary sinus.
    3.There is extensive bone destruction and surrounding spread.
    4. Medial wall of maxilla is destroyed with extension of mass into nasal cavity which is blocked by lesion.'
    5.Further posteriorly it is extending into nasopharynx
    6. There is destruction of the floor of the maxilla and adjacent hard palate with extension of mass into oral cavity. Maxillary alveolar process are destroyed.

7. Superior wall is not destroyed and there is intraorbital extension
    8. Antero -lateral wall(inferior part) is also destroyed with extension of mass into cheek
    9. Posterior wall of maxilla is destroyed with extention of mass into infratemporal fossa.

That is all. What do you think . My GP wants me to come back home but did not tell anything elaborately. This trip is also very imp but if it is absolutely an emergency then I might go back. Any advice?I am 45, fit and the only symptoms I have is shortness of breath, lack of appetite and nose bleeding from the polyp. I do not have fatigue at all and am working 16 hrs a day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: My CT Scan results

I would see if your GP can forward you scan results to an ENT for a consult and then decide whether or not to come home.

Reply Reply