It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Flush

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-29-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
    HILLEL1022
    (male)

HILLEL1022 HB User
    Sinus Flush

If I want to add peroxide 3% to distilled water for a sinus flush, what is the maximum ratio peroxide/water I should use?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2019, 10:16 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Sinus Flush

I don't suggest you do it...i can only imagine that it would burn horribly.

But if you are trying it, from what I read.... it's 4 parts cooled boiled water or distilled water to one part 3% peroxide.

Update us if you do it.

q

Old 06-30-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Sinus Flush

Hi Hillel!

When I squirt peroxide into my sinuses, this is how I do it:
    • 3% Hydrogen peroxide: One part.
    • Baking soda: One or two pinches.
    • Kosher salt or sea salt: One pinch.
    • Filtered or purified water: Ten to forty (10-40) times as much water as peroxide.

Hydrogen peroxide is VERY IRRITATING to the Nasal Passages, so I am VERY CAREFUL with how much peroxide I use. When I first started experimenting with peroxide in my sinuses, I used less than 10 parts water to one part 3% peroxide, and it really stung my Nasal Passages and made my Nasal Passages close up painfully for several days. So I never use less than 10 parts of water to one part 3% peroxide. NEVER!

The stinging of the peroxide seems to be worse for women. If I had more sensitive Nasal areas, or if I wanted to start out with a milder solution, I might try 40 parts water to 1 part 3% peroxide, and then decrease the amount of water subsequently as tolerated. Most of the feedback I've received from women said that 20 parts water to 1 part peroxide is much too strong and painful.

I don't recommend this for anyone else to do. I am only posting my own personal experiences and feedback.

Best of luck and health! Bob

⇒ Cheap effective asthma inhaler: Fluticasone Nasal Spray!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Reply