It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinus blockage and/or sinus surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2002, 09:37 AM   #1
    TexasJeep
    (male)

TexasJeep HB User
    Post sinus blockage and/or sinus surgery

I had a CT scan in Feburary and now another one in June. It shows significantly more blockage and I will have to get surgery done.
    Anyone have this done before? Good results?

I think a cyst formed in my sinus cavity and it has to be removed. Anyone know why these form and what can be done to prevent it in the future?

Thanks for the help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2002, 10:04 AM   #2
    Dawn1973
    Inactive

Dawn1973 HB User
    been there, done that, lol. It wasn't exactly pleasant. The packing they put in afterwards was the worst because when they remove it, it hurts like heck. It's just something that happens, no way to prevent it. And my doc did tell me before he did the op there is a good chance that any polyps may grow back. So if you have to have it, have it, if not, don't. Good luck.
    Dawn

Old 07-08-2002, 10:13 AM   #3
    TexasJeep
    (male)

TexasJeep HB User
    Dawn,

Did the procedure help you? Did he give you any advice to prevent any polyps from forming again?

I already realize it isn't going to be pleasant, but if it works, it will be well worth it.

Thanks

Old 07-08-2002, 02:22 PM   #4
    Dawn1973
    Inactive

Dawn1973 HB User
    To be perfectly honest with you, i didn't really notice any change at all. That's why I was so disappointed with the surgery. And as far as the polyps coming back, there is nothing you can do to prevent them.
    dawn

Old 07-09-2002, 08:10 AM   #5
    TexasJeep
    (male)

TexasJeep HB User
    Dawn,
    That is not good to hear. My situation could be different though. I have fatigue, headaches, ear popping, foggy and/or cloudy head and unable to focus. Where you symptoms similar?
    I am really counting on this procedure to make a difference for me. I don't know what I will do if it does not work.

Thanks again

Closed Thread