It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinuses? Allergies?Or am i going CRAZY!!!!HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-20-2002, 08:19 AM   #1
    Johanna14
    Inactive

Johanna14 HB User
    Red face Sinuses? Allergies?Or am i going CRAZY!!!!HELP!

Hello,
    I am an 18 year old female who has been suffering from allergy like symptoms since March. It seems like everyone in our community was hit pretty hard by allergies this season, and i think i was hit the hardest! I have never had allergies before so this is driving me nuts!!! My symptoms have been:
    1.)Runny nose
    2.)Stuffy nose
    3.)Congestion
    4.)Sneezing
    5.)Sore throat---went away and lasted only a few days
    6.)watery eyes
    7.)Itchy nose
    8.)Back irritation
    9.)neck soreness
    10.)Overall muscle tension
    11.)weakness in arms and legs
    12.)Depersonalization
    13.)Head PRESSURE-It feels as if i am being "pushed down by gravity", it mainly occurs behind my nose and around my ears, but at worst it feels like my entire head is pressured-like a helium balloon. I also feel pressure at the roof of my mouth.
    14.)Ear ringing and popping
    15.)slight dizzyness-went away lasted a day, when the head pressure was at its worst
    16.)Runny nose with clear mucus
    17.)Wierd head pressure sensations, this head pressure stuff is really driving me crazy and i'm wondering if anyone else gets it too, it SUCKS!!!
    18.)swollen glands-on and off
    I guess thats it. I went to the Doctor who found me to be normal except she felt i had allergies, She recommended i come back for allergy tests, and i found out they cost $800 dollars and my mom has no health insurance right now! She did test me for mono and strep throat-both negative. My blood pressure and temperature were all normal-she seemed to think this may pass, but i am afraid i have a sinus infection.if so, what should i do? Also, what treatments seem to be effective to help allergies? Tylenol Allergy/Sinus did not seem to help, nor did Sudafed Sinus. Whats a girl to do? HELP!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2002, 09:02 AM   #2
    Cut-Throat
    (male)

Cut-Throat HB User
    Cool

It sounds like allergies to me. Try these simple Over the counter remedies first.

Get some Nasalcrom spray. That should take care the sneezy, runny nose stuff.

Also get some Chlorotrimeton - This can be taken with the Nasalcrom. May help with the Ringing of ears etc. - Works for me!

Old 06-20-2002, 05:21 PM   #3
    rhody
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
    Smile

A mixture of aloe vera and water might help. Just before you sleep, you put some in each nostril and let it drain to the throat. A number of us used it, and it helped us, where I lived previously.

Eventually, your allergic reaction may subside in time. I hope this helps in the meantime.

Old 06-24-2002, 06:59 AM   #4
    scottcarr

scottcarr HB User
    They call it chronic sinusitus. many treatments, no MD cure. I have used standardized echinacea for years against this. I am now being treated with apparent success (half of symptoms gone in first 3 months) by a Chinese herbal doctor. Only effective spray is free saline water, used often. Our own immune systems, set off by something usually unknown,are accidently killing us slowly. One way to verify -antibiotics only helpful while taking them. They are known to suppress certain immune functions.

------------------
    scott

Old 06-25-2002, 04:28 PM   #5
    Johanna14
    Inactive

Johanna14 HB User
    SCOTT!
    PLEASE TELL ME MORE!! I AM VERY INTERESTED. BUT WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT KILLING US SLOWLY??? YOU KINDA MADE ME BUMMED PLEASE RESPOND BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THANKS,
    JOHANNA

Old 06-26-2002, 02:07 PM   #6
    Natopheli

Natopheli HB User
    Try irrigating- moisturizes and cleans out allergens and infection. There are loads of posts on it. Also..the swollen glands can mean there IS infection. Do your tonsils get white stuff on them and/or swell? I was tested for mono and strep once while in the middle of all those symptoms (along with gross tonsils) and they came out negative. The absence of those two infections doesn't indicate that there is definitely no other infection even though a doctor might send you on your way after testing negative for them! In my case, there was a sinus infection present at all times. Have you had a sinus xray?
    Most of all, try to keep your mind still! What's going on with you is in all likelyhood more sanity-threatening than life-threatening! There IS a cause and you can find it and take care of yourself. It just takes time
    Nat

Old 06-27-2002, 05:20 AM   #7
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
    I had this type of cold/allergies in may of this year my self. Every thing you listed is what I had. I did do what rhody suggested and that did help. I was also on the 'watercure' diet(my insurance doesn't cover any doc. visits and if I could avoid going... all the better.) The procedure for this diet is in the posts I made to William Green in open topics. Posted two diff. times about it, read them both. At least get started on it, its cheap to do. You could try a search on watercure and see what you come up with. The book I've been reading is "Your bodies many cries for water" By:F.Batmanghelidj. Might be able to get that at the Library, or have them order from another library. I'm still working on the sore neck from coughing so hard, had the chiropractor put it back in two days ago. Other than that I'm now happy to say I'm symtom free. Diana
    PS. It's very easy to do. Check it out.

Old 06-30-2002, 10:10 PM   #8
    Aymee

Aymee HB User
    Smile

Hi just read your post....I to was hit with allergies when I was 18. I thought I was losing my mind, because I had never had anything like it before. I got very depressed because I did not know why I was sooo sick. I was finally diagnosed with allergies. I had allergy tests and found out I was allergic to just about everything.

Anyway, I tried alot of medicines and the best I have ever found is Claritin D. It has cleared my sinuses great and taken away all of the pressure I had and dizziness. It shrinks your blood vessels to your nose and ears therefore causing your nose not to swell and keeps your ears drained which has alot to do with the dizziness in my opinion. The only thing is making sure you can take it without any side effects that may bother you.

I have also found that taking vitamins and eating proper foods to boost my imune system has helped.

Hope this helps,

Aymee

Old 07-01-2002, 06:52 AM   #9
    Johanna14
    Inactive

Johanna14 HB User
    Talking

Thanks Aymee!
    I really thought Claritin would be better then Allegra-which is what the Doctor has given me. I just don't know if i should switch so soon, since i have only been taking Allegra for four says and it helps a litttle-but i feel really weak and tired!!
    Thanks Agian!
    Johanna

Old 12-29-2003, 12:19 PM   #10
    Asenath

Asenath HB User
    Re: Sinuses? Allergies?Or am i going CRAZY!!!!HELP!

I would see an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor. You may actually have a sinus infection, rather than sinustis. Chronic sinustis tends to be more serious than the symptoms you have told us about.

You may also be allergic to something in your envrionment (cats, mold, dust).

Closed Thread