It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus pressure sufferers - SURVEY - please participate.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2004, 09:48 PM   #16
    hoffta
    Inactive

hoffta HB User
    Re: Sinus pressure sufferers - SURVEY - please participate.

1) Do you have allergies? yes
    2) What are you allergic to? cats, dogs, molds, dust, ragweed, weeds, roach, mites, and pine trees (no real Christmas tree for us)
    3) How old were you when your sinus problems started? 28 when diagnosed
    4) Where are your sinus pains? front of the face and forehead
    5) Do you experience pain or pressure... or both? both
    6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems? yes
    7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc) yes
    8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? no
    (9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? yes, levoquin (developed allergy to it from frequent use) I have also used nebulized drugs from California...Levoquin and prednisone, Bactrim
    10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? Allegra D, Clariten D, Flonaise, Singulair
    11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? Which one? Flonaise
    12) Does your sinus problems seem worse when weather changes? Sometimes
    13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem? Not always
    14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday? lots I am taking a course online
    15) Do you suffer from stiff neck? Yes, but I do have DDD
    16) What is the cause of your stiff neck? DDD
    17) Do you sleep well normally? How do you sleep since the sinus problems?NO, NO
    18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? Worry a lot? No
    19) Do you often suffer from illness, in general... or are you generally, healthy? Good Health
    20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last? Weeks
    21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? worse as day progreses? Morning
    22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down? Sitting up
    23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible?
    24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms?Sinus Surgery (2)
    25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?)No

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2004, 04:06 PM   #17
    AnnieGis
    (female)

AnnieGis HB User

1) Do you have allergies? not that I know of
    2) What are you allergic to?
    3) How old were you when your sinus problems started? 30
    4) Where are your sinus pains? right between the eyes
    6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems? No
    7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc) Cat
    8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? Built a new house last year
    9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? it does for a while, then it comes back. I took a Zpak

10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? if Flonase is an allergy med, then yes. I also take Zyrtec at bedtime

11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? flonase has helped
    12) Does your sinus problems seem worse when weather changes? yes
    13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem? no
    14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday? 2
    15) Do you suffer from stiff neck? yes
    16) What is the cause of your stiff neck? muscle tension
    17) Do you sleep well normally? How do you sleep since the sinus problems?
    If my head isn't killing me, I sleep great
    18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? Worry a lot? Yes
    19) Do you often suffer from illness, in general... or are you generally, healthy? generally healthy
    20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last? 2 months
    21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? worse as day progreses? worse as the day progresses
    22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down? standing
    23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible? no
    24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms? flonase everyday
    25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?) no

Old 10-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #18
    chigs489
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chigs489 HB User

1) Do you have allergies? Yes
    2) What are you allergic to? Dust Mites
    3) How old were you when your sinus problems started? 33 (but probably before)
    4) Where are your sinus pains? (ears, nose, eyes, top of head, neck, etc) Top of head, between eyes, behind ears
    5) Do you experience pain or pressure... or both? Both if I have an infection. Allergies just cause pressure.
    6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems? Yes
    7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc) Dust
    8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? Birth of son
    9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? Augmentin
    10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? Chlor-Tremiton and Allegra
    11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? Which one? Sinofresh only
    12) Does your sinus problems seem worse when weather changes? Yes
    13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem? Yes, bad cold
    14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday? 5+
    15) Do you suffer from stiff neck? Sometimes
    16) What is the cause of your stiff neck? Bad posture
    17) Do you sleep well normally? How do you sleep since the sinus problems? Usually sleep o.k.
    18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? Worry a lot? Yes
    19) Do you often suffer from illness, in general... or are you generally, healthy? Generally healthy
    20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last? couple days, unless it is an infection
    21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? worse as day progreses? No
    22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down? Laying down
    23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible? Yes and no
    24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms? Irrigation
    25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?) No

Old 10-31-2004, 03:43 PM   #19
    siren1024
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

siren1024 HB User

1) Do you have allergies? yes
    2) What are you allergic to? ragweed, dust, mold, somethiing in unkempt grass (not exactly sure what, but tall grass causes contact dermatitis and lots of sneezing), goldenrod, citronella candles, unknown environmental offenders, cedar
    3) How old were you when your sinus problems started? probably about 12.
    4) Where are your sinus pains? Pain in top of head, behind/around eyes, tops of cheek bones are the worst, jaws, teeth, sometimes bottom/back of head, no ear pain but constant ear pressure, cracking, and underwater sound.
    6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems? no. they have worsened since I moved to a different area, though.
    7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc) dust, cats
    8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? (divorce, job change, moved, exercise routine change, change in your work station (ergonomic factors), activities); I am just wondering if muscle tension, may be a factor, since there's a slight chance that bad ergonomics may have played a role in mine... doubtful? no
    9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? only when it becomes an obvious infection, cephalex works.
    10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? Flonase!!! It's worked suprisingly well!
    11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? Which one? (see above!)
    13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem? don't remember. I did have a bad cold while I was pregnant and have never been able to get the muffled "fluidy" sound out of my ears. That was over 2 years ago.
    14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday? 1-3
    15) Do you suffer from stiff neck? yes.
    16) What is the cause of your stiff neck? I'm not positive. I think it id a combination of muscle tension and sinus pressure.
    17) Do you sleep well normally? no. How do you sleep since the sinus problems? not very well, but flonase has helped.
    18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? somewhat Worry a lot? yes
    19) Do you often suffer from illness, in general... or are you generally, healthy? generally healthy
    20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last?
    21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? night worse as day progreses? yes
    22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down? laying down is MUCH worse
    23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible? yes.
    24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms? Flonase, steam, humidifier
    25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?) no.
    DD born 3/24/2005

Old 10-31-2004, 04:37 PM   #20
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

1) Do you have allergies? Yes
    2) What are you allergic to?molds, dusts, pollens,cat,dog,cockroach
    3) How old were you when your sinus problems started?small child
    4) Where are your sinus pains? (ears, nose, eyes, top of head, neck, etc)nose,eyes,forhead,neck,ears
    5) Do you experience pain or pressure... or both? both, more pressure than pain
    6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems? a little, almost to hard
    7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc)dusts and mold
    8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? (divorce, job change, moved, exercise routine change, change in your work station (ergonomic factors), activities); I am just wondering if muscle tension, may be a factor, since there's a slight chance that bad ergonomics may have played a role in mine... doubtful? not that I know of, but then again stress could make it worse for me
    9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? to cure infections which one? Cefalexan
    10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? yes, NasacortAQ
    11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem?yes Which one?NasacortAQ
    13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem? no
    14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday? to many
    15) Do you suffer from stiff neck? sometimes
    16) What is the cause of your stiff neck? allergies/sleeping on neck wrong, and possibly sitting at the puter to long
    17) Do you sleep well normally? no How do you sleep since the sinus problems? less sleep, snore loud
    18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? Worry a lot? yes, I am easily stressed and take antidepressants
    20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last? a few days
    21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? worse as day progreses? any time
    22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down? sitting and sometimes laying down
    23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible? there is pressure in my ears
    24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms? surgery, allergy meds,allergy shots
    25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?) No

Old 11-02-2004, 12:42 AM   #21
    sneezydiva
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sneezydiva HB User

1) Do you have allergies? YES
    2) What are you allergic to? dust, dustmites, tree, grass, ragweed pollen, mold, and dog dander
    3) How old were you when your sinus problems started? Allergies started around age 5, but I didn't have significant sinus problems until about 24-25
    4) Where are your sinus pains? (ears, nose, eyes, top of head, neck, etc) mainly behind the eyes, and across forehead and in the ears
    6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems? I believe moving to a new stated caused my allergies to worsen and eventually caused my sinus problems
    7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc) Not really, I'm very vigilant about environmental controls, of course you can't completely eliminate dust from your home.
    8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? (divorce, job change, moved, exercise routine change, change in your work station (ergonomic factors), activities); I am just wondering if muscle tension, may be a factor, since there's a slight chance that bad ergonomics may have played a role in mine... doubtful? right before my move I got married.
    9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? Not completely, I still needed surgery
    10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one? Yes Zyrtec and Singulair
    11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? Which one? Yes Flonase and also sinus irrigation
    12) Does your sinus problems seem worse when weather changes? Yes, when the weather change correlates with pollen season
    13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem? NO
    14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday? depends 2-3 at the most
    15) Do you suffer from stiff neck? No
    16) What is the cause of your stiff neck? n/a
    17) Do you sleep well normally? How do you sleep since the sinus problems? my sinus problems cause me to have trouble sleeping, and also cause me to sleep a lot more than I should have to. Sometimes 10-12 hours.
    18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? Worry a lot? I think I'm pretty normal in my response to stress.
    19) Do you often suffer from illness, in general... or are you generally, healthy? My sinus/allergy issues are my only health problem.
    20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last? My sinuses will often stay congested for weeks at a time during pollen season. Bad sinus headaches usually last a couple of hours.
    21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? worse as day progreses? I feel best in the morning after waking up, and they get progressively worse throughout the day as I get exposed to allergens
    22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down? lying down
    23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible? Only when I am severely congested.
    24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms? Sinus surgery and allergy shots
    25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?)
    No

Closed Thread