It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus pressure sufferers - SURVEY - please participate.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2003, 06:56 PM   #1
    slpagirl
    (female)

slpagirl HB User
    Sinus pressure sufferers - SURVEY - please participate.

Hello, This year was the first time I've ever experienced sinus problems. For 2 months now, I've had terrible pressure in my sinus cavities (ears, eyes, top of head, neck) everyday, varying from mild to severe. I've been through the process of seeing my ENT, the CT scan, the meds (antibiotics, nasal spray, allergy meds). It has helped to some degree, but I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel yet. I am curious as to what all of us sufferers have in common, therefor I am taking this survey. Maybe it will shed some insight and help us understand the causes and nature of sinus problems. Please respond. I think it will be interesting. Add questions if you like. I probably will, as I think of more...

1) Do you have allergies?
    2) What are you allergic to?
    3) How old were you when your sinus problems started?
    4) Where are your sinus pains? (ears, nose, eyes, top of head, neck, etc)
    5) Do you experience pain or pressure... or both?
    6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems?
    7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc)
    8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? (divorce, job change, moved, exercise routine change, change in your work station (ergonomic factors), activities); I am just wondering if muscle tension, may be a factor, since there's a slight chance that bad ergonomics may have played a role in mine... doubtful?
    9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one?
    10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one?
    11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? Which one?
    12) Does your sinus problems seem worse when weather changes?
    13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem?
    14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday?
    15) Do you suffer from stiff neck?
    16) What is the cause of your stiff neck?
    17) Do you sleep well normally? How do you sleep since the sinus problems?
    18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? Worry a lot?
    19) Do you often suffer from illness, in general... or are you generally, healthy?
    20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last?
    21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? worse as day progreses?
    22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down?
    23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible?
    24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms?
    25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?)

Thanks... I hope none of these questions are offensive. They are not meant to be. I am just trying to get to the bottom of this, in any way I can. To help all of us. I'll answer the survey too. Take care!
    And PLEASE, if you find a good solution for your sinus problems, please come back and share it with us. Greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2003, 11:15 AM   #2
    housemum
    (female)

housemum HB User
    Re: Sinus pressure sufferers - SURVEY - please participate.

WOw, thats a lot of questions.

I suffer a lot of sinus pressure and often get a sniff neck along with it. I use sudafed and painkiller.

I do get that foggy head tinkgling feelings too, due to pressure in the back of the neck. A good massage seems to relieve it somewhat.

I do tend to be a "worry wort" and feel stress very intently. My muscles spasm out easily.

I don't really think I have allergies, yet get a cold about twice a year that seems to settle in my sinus'. Usually goes away on its own, but I have taken anti-biotics for it.

I've never had major dental work, but I do have TMJ which contributes to my jaw and neck problems.

Old 11-29-2003, 01:31 PM   #3
    cmomson

cmomson HB User
    Unhappy Re: Sinus pressure sufferers - SURVEY - please participate.

that is an awful lot of questions but let me just answer a few. i am currently suffering from sinusitis. i get it around novemeber for the past few years. i take sudafed and a painkiller but the "gunk" always ends up in my chest and then i have to take a med to stop the coughing. the coughing gets so bad and im not able to bring up the phlem so (not to grose yall out but) i always get diarrhea and when i have a coughing spell, i end up wetting self. its embarrasing but its what happens to me. Dr gives me histex when i get to this point to keep me from coughing and to help me sleep. luckily i dont have fever but everytime i feel sinus infection coming on i know its going to end up in lungs and i have to take meds so that it doesnt turn it to pneomonia. i dont have allergies and springtime pollen doesnt bother me at all. its just around nov of every year that i get sinus infection. oh well. just took histex for cough and hope to be better soon. take care

Old 12-11-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
    GRAY WOLF
    Inactive

GRAY WOLF HB User
    Re: Sinus pressure sufferers - SURVEY - please participate.

I am suffering right now..so here goes.

1) Do you have allergies?

yes

2) What are you allergic to?

mold (classic delayed reaction)

3) How old were you when your sinus problems started?

HS

4) Where are your sinus pains? (ears, nose, eyes, top of head, neck, etc)

behind eye and eyebrow (left) sometimes nose and cheek bone

5) Do you experience pain or pressure... or both?

yes

6) Did you change your physical environment, prior to the onset of your sinus problems?

no

7) Does your current environment have obvious allergens? (dust, dust mites, mold, dogs, cats, etc)

no

8) Has there been significant changes in your life, prior to the onset of the sinus problem? (divorce, job change, moved, exercise routine change, change in your work station (ergonomic factors), activities); I am just wondering if muscle tension, may be a factor, since there's a slight chance that bad ergonomics may have played a role in mine... doubtful?

no

9) Has antibiotics worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one?

no

10) Has allergy medicines worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? which one?

Sudafed headache

11) Has nasal spray worked for you to alleviate sinus problem? Which one?

somewhat...can't remember the name.

12) Does your sinus problems seem worse when weather changes?

yes

13) Did you have a illness, such as a cold or flu prior to onset of sinus problem?

no

14) How many hours do you spend on the computer everyday?

8+

15) Do you suffer from stiff neck?

only with the most severe pain

16) What is the cause of your stiff neck?

severe pain

17) Do you sleep well normally? How do you sleep since the sinus problems?

only troubled during headache

18) Do you consider yourself easily stressed? Worry a lot?

not at all

19) Do you often suffer from illness, in general... or are you generally, healthy?

Other than the ENT I saw earlier this year and the emergency type visits (dog bites, gout) I haven't been to an MD in years.

20) Generally, when you have a sinus "attack", how long does it last?

The resulting headache lasts 3 days, the sinus pain comes and goes

21) What time of day are your sinus symptoms the worse? worse as day progreses?

usually worse late in day

22) Do you feel the pressure on your head worse, when standing or laying down?

same

23) If your pressure is by your ears, is it audible?

n/a

24) What has helped you the most to alleviate the symptoms?

sleep with heating pad wrapped around head (covered with pillow) with painful side up

25) Have you had any major dental work recently? (bridges, root canal, etc?)

no

Closed Thread