It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Swollen lymph node related to sinus problems???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2003, 08:03 AM   #1
    Kandi76

Kandi76 HB User
    Question Swollen lymph node related to sinus problems???

I have a swollen lymph node in my neck and it has been that way since July. The lymph node swells up and down throughout the day. I do have postnasal drip or at least something that seems to get stuck at the back of my throat when I swallow sometimes. I have to clear my throat a lot. I feel that it may be just a sinus problem but I wanted to get someone else's input on it. Has anyone else ever had this problem???

Any input will be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks,
    Kandi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 03:57 PM   #2
    tattoocat

tattoocat HB User
    With my allergies and deviated septum, I get sinus infections all the time. My lymph nodes usually swell significantly (sometimes I feel like I can hardly move my neck). I've questioned the doc about this, and he said it's my body fighting off the infection.

If it's been happening for a while (several weeks), I'd see your doctor and get it checked out just to be safe. You may need antibiotics to help in the fight.

Old 09-02-2003, 04:32 PM   #3
    Kandi76

Kandi76 HB User
    Smile

tattoocat...I am going to the doctor this week to be re-checked. I have already had several doctor's look it and they have all said they believe it could be related to an infection or something. They have never told me for sure though. Does yours ever swell up and down during the day?

Kandi

Old 09-08-2003, 05:17 PM   #4
    tattoocat

tattoocat HB User
    Yes, my ears are constantly popping. Everything's connected, so when I get a sinus infection it often backs things up into my ears.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #5
    Chrislynn

Chrislynn HB User
    Kandi76- I have the same problem with my lymph glands on the right side of my neck. I have severe post nasal drip on the right side of my throat and when it gets really bad, my gland swells up and yes it does actually go up and down throughout the day. I believe it is because that area is so irritated from the constant PND. It almost feels like an adam's apple, it gets very hard.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:26 AM   #6
    Kandi76

Kandi76 HB User
    Chrislynn..thanks for your reply! I went to an endocrinologist last week and he told me that my lymph node was not swollen...somthing about it being a muscle or the main artery that runs down the neck and to the heart. I am not sure though...right now he is treating me for a hormone imbalance problem. I guess once I get that under control I may go back to an ENT just make sure about it. The more that I mess with it I am thinking that it may not be a lymph node either...it does kind of feel like a muscle or something. The endo doc told me mine is just larger than some and that it was nothing to worry about. What I don't understand is why would a muscle go up and down unless it was just my imagination that it was going up and down??!!!. I do have the postnasal drip thing going on though and I guess it could be related something related to that.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #7
    Chrislynn

Chrislynn HB User
    Red face

Kandi76- Interesting what the endocrinologist told you. I have never heard anything like that. I know mine is related to my post nasal drip because my gland only swells up when the drip is REAL bad. At this point, the swollen gland does not bother me, it's the drip that is driving me crazy!

Good luck with your treatment.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:39 AM   #8
    Kandi76

Kandi76 HB User
    Chrislynn...mine problem is weird I guess. I have stopped worrying over it though. Since I have this hormone problem I have been thinking about that mostly and not the neck issue anymore. I may still go to an ENT though just to be sure about it. Whatever it is though with my neck has not gotten any larger so that is one good thing I guess. I suppose my endo could be right. He did an exam on my neck and assured me that there was no way it could be my lymph node because he could feel my lymph nodes and they were not swollen. I just thought it was strange that the left side of my neck doesn't have that bulge in it like the right side does but I guess since the main artery runs down the right side that is why it feels different.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:58 PM   #9
    Chrislynn

Chrislynn HB User
    Question

Kandi- now you got me wondering. Although I still think mine is a swollen gland because the post nasal drip or post nasal "gush" is more like it. But what does your lump feel like? Is it soft and rubbery or is it hard? Just curious now since my is on the right side too. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:05 AM   #10
    Kandi76

Kandi76 HB User
    Chrislynn...I wouldn't say that it is rubbery but it is slighty hard....not hard as a rock or anything though. If you run your hand down the side of your neck near where your lymph nodes are (maybe try the other side of your neck where it doesn't feel like you have a swollen node). It is long and you kind of have to move your finger back in forth from side to side to really feel the muscle. The more that I mess with mine the more I am thinking that it is just a muscle or something. The only thing that has had me concerned is that it goes up kind of high towards my jaw line. The endo doc assured me though that it was not a swollen node. I assumed if it was something serious it would have gotten worse by now or I would be having some other symptoms from it. Like I said though I am still thinking of going to an ENT sometime soon just to have it double checked. I will let you know what the ENT tells me. Right now I am trying to get treated for my hormone imbalance and possible pre-diabetes. I am being checked for an insulin problem this Friday so once I get all that sorted out and start my med's then I am going to the ENT again.

Does yours kind of sound like mine though?

Old 09-17-2003, 07:14 PM   #11
    Chrislynn

Chrislynn HB User
    Kandi-

My "lump" is on the right side of my neck but more towards the middle. I know what muscle you are talking about though, I did feel that. I definitely think mine is a swollen gland or a node since it only gets swollen when the PND is really bad and it is a little larger than marble size and it feels pretty hard at times when it is most swollen. Very strange things are bodies decide to do huh?

Old 09-18-2003, 08:40 AM   #12
    jle180

jle180 HB User
    The problem you two have sounds exactly like mine. The lump I thought was a LN feels like its joined with some kind of artery or tendon or something like that. The only thing different is mine is on the left side.

Old 09-18-2003, 07:02 PM   #13
    Chrislynn

Chrislynn HB User
    My lump does not really feel like it's connected to anything though.

Old 09-23-2003, 06:39 AM   #14
    Kandi76

Kandi76 HB User
    I have not gone to an ENT yet but now I have a sinus/cold thing going on and the "lump" or whatever it is feels tender to the touch. It isn't real, real tender or anything...just a little bit. Weird....if it is a muscle or something (like my endo. doc told me it is) I wouldn't think that a sinus/cold problem would make that tender. I do plan on visiting an ENT soon about it even though I feel I will get the same answer...."nothing's wrong". If anything at least I will have peace of mind about it.

Closed Thread