It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• symptoms of sinus infection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-21-2003, 12:20 PM   #1
    perfix

perfix HB User
    Post symptoms of sinus infection

I hope somebody can help. After reading some posts I think I have a sinus infection.
    My symptoms started after a normal cold, got antibiotics but didn't take them out. Since that infection I developed several symptoms:
    A very cloudy sight(had to wear glasses), about once a month a very bad headache, an enlarged tonsil out of which come tiny white things which smell bad(I can sqeeze them out and there can be 10-15 each day)That tonsil seems to be irritated too, there must be around 10 holes in. I also noticed a very bad taste in my mouth, especialy after I ate certain foods(allergic?). That taste is terrible just after I eat cheese.
    What considers my nose. That has an awful smell. At certain times it feels like I can't breath anymore through my nose.
    By far the worst symptom I have is the mucous I give up daily. In the morning after I drank something I feel a strange feeling in my throat. After trying a few times of clearing my throat I give up a small package of very sticky yellow/brown colored mucous. I feel it being coming from head into my nose and throat. It comes every morning after I drink something. When it's cold or the weather changes it doesn't come so easy and when it comes out after a few days the package is hard, has some blood in and is much bigger. Looks like plastic then but the smell is realy awful and it's very, very sticky. During the day I have what I think is post nasal drip but the mucous I have is thick but clear then. It's only in the morning I have this weard mucous. It has a very chemical smell.
    Does anyone have an idea. I have been treated with antibiotics but that doesn't help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 07:10 PM   #2
    Want 2 B Well
    Senior Veteran

Want 2 B Well HB User
    Have you had a cat scan on your sinuses? Could be polyps.
    Quit smoking June 3 2003
    Will be 39 in Feb.
    Scared to turn 40

I am a work in progress...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
    perfix

perfix HB User
    No I have not. I have only been treated with some antibiotics but that has made the problem worse. It was treated as a cold because if I cough I sound like having a big cold. The mucous seems to be everywhere.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:50 AM   #4
    perfix

perfix HB User
    Well I had a CAT done and my sinuses are as normal as can be. Still, my symptoms persist. My GP thinks that my off and on sore throat is caused by my constant throat clearing. But still, I have lots of mucus in my throat especialy after eating.
    However there is no trace of a sinus infection, I have an awful smell from my nose. If you have an idea what this could be, please mention.

Old 10-11-2003, 08:43 PM   #5
    turl

turl HB User
    Ask your doctor to check you for fungus in your nose/throat! Especially if antibiotics made your throat problems worse. There was a study out recently by Mayo Clinic that mentions mold/fungus (candida) as a culprit in many sinus infections, etc. Antibiotics kill off all the good bacteria in your body as well as the bad. The good ones are needed to keep the yeast in check; without the good ones, the yeast proliferates and becomes a problem. For every round of antibiotics it should be standard practice to recommend probiotics--maybe one of these days doctors will learn! Hope you're better soon.
    Tab

Old 12-15-2003, 05:15 PM   #6
    JohnJM

JohnJM HB User
    Re: symptoms of sinus infection

[url]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_u ids=7569652&dopt=Abstract[/url]

Old 12-16-2003, 12:25 PM   #7
    perfix

perfix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnJM
    [url]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_u ids=7569652&dopt=Abstract[/url]
    @tabs, thanks. How can he perform this test for fungi?
    @john, also thanks. Please tell me what are the symptoms of Ozena. I found some back and I am familiar with them. How does it start?

Old 12-17-2003, 08:21 AM   #8
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by perfix
    I hope somebody can help. After reading some posts I think I have a sinus infection.
    My symptoms started after a normal cold, got antibiotics but didn't take them out. Since that infection I developed several symptoms: ...
    Have you ever tried gargling with 3% hydrogen peroxide?

I have also read about people putting 3% hydrogen peroxide into a cold mist evaporator at a dilution rate of one part peroxide to eight parts water to cure throat infections. Have you ever tried that?

Lastly, have you had a chance to read my "upside down flooding irrigation" cure for sinus disease?

I sure hope that you are feeling better. Sounds like you are having a bad time with your infection problems.

Regards......

Closed Thread