It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• When I Eat, small peices of Food become lodged in My Sinus Tract

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2003, 06:07 PM   #1
    jillisonm

jillisonm HB User
    When I Eat, small peices of Food become lodged in My Sinus Tract

This is very embarrassing, so I have not spoken to a doctor -

The first time it happened was about 3 years ago. Initially, very tiny peices of food would occasionally become lodged. It happens daily now, and the peices that become lodged are much bigger. I say "sinus tract" only because I really dont know where they are getting stuck, I only know that somehow instead of making down my throat, they go up, get stuck, and cause pain. The pain occrs in the back portion of the roof of my mouth, which is also where I can pinpoint the exact location of the peice of food with my tongue. After multiple attempts I can usually dislodge the epice, with it exiting via my nose, or back into my mouth. This does cause pain, the dgree of which depending on the size & spiciness of the peice of food. Has anyone heard of, or experienced this before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2003, 10:58 AM   #2
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
    Re: When I Eat, small peices of Food become lodged in My Sinus Tract

JILLISONM-Please don't feel embarrassed. It sounds like you may have either gastric esophageal reflux disease, or some kind of esophageal spasm, or a disorder of the pharynx, all of which can cause pocketing or pooling of food at the back of your throat and nasal regurgitation of food through the nose. It's certainly some kind of swallowing disorder (medical term is called dysphagia) and since it is worse and happening more frequently now, you definitely should see a doctor.

zuzu xx

Old 12-19-2003, 11:03 AM   #3
    luvae

luvae HB User
    Re: When I Eat, small peices of Food become lodged in My Sinus Tract

I think you should see a doctor too.

Closed Thread