It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus dizziness not going away!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #46
    Bothrops
    Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
    Re: Sinus dizziness not going away!!

Oh I forgot to mention my benifits end in 3 weeks. I will be screwed if I have to work feeling this way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2004, 08:48 AM   #47
    maichim

maichim HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bothrops
    What is the Family Medical Leave Act? How does one qualify? I have been out of work for six months. I am an electrician and it can be very demanding. I had to ask my boss to lay me off, and he did it. He told me it was illegel to collect unemployment when you are not fit to work, but I could not find any other way to keep food on our plates. I spent a lot of time looking. There is not much help out there except disability and was told it is very hard to get that.

Chiggins, do you suffer from the spaced out in a dream feeling that I spoke about?
    Hi bothrops,
    To qualify for a Family Medical Leave Act, you must be employed with a company of 50 of more people for at least one year. You should most defintely look into disability. If you can't work, what are you to do? I am not familiar with unemployment laws or disability, but FMLA is rather new (within the last 10-15 years), and obviously has it's limitations. There has to be some other type of assitance out there. Hopefully someon eon the boards has some better advice, or maybe you should think about contacting a local health agency. I will do a little asking around and see if I can point you in a better direction. Hang in there. Lisa

Old 02-02-2004, 10:18 AM   #48
    chigs489
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chigs489 HB User

Yes, I do get the spaced-out feeling. I find myself staring out into space a lot, glassy-eyed and out of it. I feel slightly drunk 24-7. It really is the head cold that never goes away.

I've never taken the FMLA before, so I'm not sure how it works.

Old 02-02-2004, 03:10 PM   #49
    planetearth

planetearth HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bothrops
    Do you feel spaced out like your in a dream, or like you have a real bad head cold without the stuffy/runny nose. That feeling in it self can make you dizzy/lightheaded. I think the inflamation pushes on your eyes and E tubes that creates imbalance. Your ears and eyes have everything to do with your balance.

I have BOTH. Sometimes, out of NOWHERE, I will be feeling OK, and then my head starts to feel FUNNY--spacey and dreamy and i call this cottonhead, then other times I get where my head is very, very FULL and heavy and I feel like I am drugged, dreamy, heavy headed and this i call WEIRD head... If i lay down AND put HOT HOT rags on my cheek area, it seems to help, as does boiling water thru a tea pot and inhaling the steam... this is just too weird...started a few months ago and thought it would just go away..... I am on the zithromax antibiotic now for infection I guess but I just never know when the weirdness or cottony head feeling will happen--when it does, I HAVE to leave the area=I am so unsteady I can barely walk... it lasts about an hour....

Old 07-18-2004, 01:23 AM   #50
    CokeNoIce

CokeNoIce HB User

Topamax takes away my dizziness.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #51
    Halls
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Halls HB User

I still have my dizziness and pain in my sinus passages. I do not have a runny nose, but when stuff comes out most times it is green. I feel like I have a dry sinus infectio if you can imagine what that might be like. I am taking my allergy shots and my allergies seem to be getting better, but my dizziness is not going away. I see my ENT next week to go over everything and see what we should o now, but I feel hopeless. I am taking a antidepressant now and that helps a lot. It takes away all my anxiety that I have along w/the dizziness and it makes the dizziness less. I am much happier even though I still get dizzy. I will stay on my Lexapro(antidepressant) until I am not dizzy anymore, if and when that ever happens!

Halls

Closed Thread