It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Racing heart/sinus tachycardia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2004, 05:39 PM   #1
    leahbeans
    (female)

leahbeans HB User
    Red face Racing heart/sinus tachycardia

Hi I'm a panic/anxiety suffer as well. I was wondering if any of you have dealt with this...... I've always had anxiety but last Fall I had my first full blown panic attack. My heart palpitated and then boom I was panicked big time, had to get a shot of Valum. ANyways, I too was convinced something was wrong with my heart. I had numerous tests done and all were fine. But my doctor said I have sinus tachycardia which is basicly a fast heart rate with minimal exertion. It's not dangerous and nothing to worry about, but I do anyways, in fact all the time. When it does race, it can come out of nowhere and I may or may not have anxiety at the time. Usually laying down or taking a Klonopin helps me. I never had this before my panic started, so I'm hoping once my panic has gone, my heart will return to normal. ANyone else had this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #2
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Re: Racing heart/sinus tachycardia

Hi,
    Yes, I can definatly relate. I have had tachycardia for about 8 months now due to anxiety. Like you, I have had numerous tests all turning out normal. I spent several months obsessing about my heart-convincing myself I had heart disease(despite normal tests). I now realize all of my heart related symptoms are completly due to anxiety.
    I do take Toprol(a beta blocker) and it helps some, but the slightest bit of exertion still causes my heart to race. I've learned to deal with it, but I do hope it will eventually get better.
    Like you said, it is not dangerous at all-Just very frusterating!
    hilery

Last edited by hilery79; 02-01-2004 at 06:56 PM.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
    paul123
    (male)

paul123 HB User
    Re: Racing heart/sinus tachycardia

hi yes i have the same problem too i also have been had all the tests but again all came back normal ive had anxiety and pannick attacks now for about 12 years and im still convinced there is still somthing wrong but there isnt i also get a very quick heart rate after ive eaten food its weird hope your feellin better paul uk liverpool

Closed Thread