It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
    jenwic
    (female)

jenwic HB User
    Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia

This is what the cardiologist says I have. My HR is usually 80-90, but if triggered by certain things it goes up to 120-130 (nearly daily) or higher on occasion. Has anyone heard of it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 04:55 AM   #2
    CheerAngel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CheerAngel HB User
    Wink Re: Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia

Hi there, yes, I have heard of inapproprite Sinus Tachycardia. It is usually a diagnosis when no cause could be found for the tachycardia. In my own opinion, it can be quite normal if your HR goes up to 120-130 if triggered by something. What are your triggers? Stress, emotions can cause the HR to go up. Btw, how long have you had the tachycardia? I have tachycardia too and still don't know what's wrong. I have a few occasions where my heart rate shoots up really high into the 180s and 200s. Are you on any medications now?

Old 02-08-2004, 01:24 AM   #3
    CheerAngel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CheerAngel HB User
    Re: Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia

Hi Camille, before you were diagnose with anxiety disorder last time, did they do an echo?

Old 02-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #4
    jenwic
    (female)

jenwic HB User

This all started 10 years ago when I had an abcessed, gangreene appendix. My heart will race if I get a fever, get nauseated, exercise (sometimes), eat a large meal (especially one high in carbohydrates). I'm not on any meds at this time. the cardiologist said he could put me on a low dose of beta blocker if it bothers me, but my regular dr. said that would be a mistake since I have asthma which would be aggravated by the beta blockers. The tach bothers me nearly every day. Usually, my HR gets up to 120 at the highest (but it has gone up to like 160 in the past. If I have one of the triggers I listed above my HR can stay up for hours or days (like with the fever or nausea).

Thanks, Jenny

Old 02-10-2004, 06:52 AM   #5
    CheerAngel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CheerAngel HB User
    Cool Re: Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia

Hi Jenny, yea, it's normal to get tachy/palps with the above triggers of yours. I get them too. The palps n tachy r annoying. It is not hopeless to find a way to control your palps/tachy eventhough you have asthma. There is an alternative which is calcium channel blocker. You can discuss this with your doctors and I'm sure he will find the right med for you. How's your asthma at the moment? Usually, you might have the tacy longer with fever since the body is adjusting and coping with the stress to recover. Btw, are you still going for check-ups at your cardiologist? I hope you all best!

Old 02-10-2004, 05:27 PM   #6
    jenwic
    (female)

jenwic HB User

I haven't been to the cardiologist since Jan. 2003. I felt like it was kind of hopeless to go. I seem to be bugged more by the tach here recently and I'm considering going back.

As for my asthma, its under decent control with Accolate which is supposed to prevent attacks. When I get a cold I have to use a steroid inhaler, though because I can't use Albuterol (tach).

Closed Thread