It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Does anyone else have sinus tachycardia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2004, 05:00 PM   #1
    leahbeans
    (female)

leahbeans HB User
    Question Does anyone else have sinus tachycardia?

I was just wondering if anyone else has sinus tachycardia? If so when did it start and why? What do you do about it? I'm 23 and it started for me after having panic attacks and a lot of anxiety for a couple of months.

Last edited by leahbeans; 02-04-2004 at 05:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
    Lisa68

Lisa68 HB User
    Re: Does anyone else have sinus tachycardia?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by leahbeans
    I was just wondering if anyone else has sinus tachycardia? If so when did it start and why? What do you do about it? I'm 23 and it started for me after having panic attacks and a lot of anxiety for a couple of months.

2 weeks ago I was put on Atenolol for tachycardia. It has worked well so far and does relieve some stress in worrying about your heart beating so fast. I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and have recently been started on Zoloft, Klonopin and the Atenolol. Has your doctor suggested medication?

Old 02-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #3
    leahbeans
    (female)

leahbeans HB User

My doctor offered beta-blockers in the begining but didn't push them on me, she left it up to me and I didn't feel comfortable having another drug in my body. Did yours start with your panic and anxiety or did you have it before that?

Old 02-04-2004, 05:46 PM   #4
    Lisa68

Lisa68 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by leahbeans
    My doctor offered beta-blockers in the begining but didn't push them on me, she left it up to me and I didn't feel comfortable having another drug in my body. Did yours start with your panic and anxiety or did you have it before that?

I never noticed it before but I've been an anxious person for a very long time. I was told by my doctor that tachycardia can definitely be related to stress/anxiety/panic. If you don't want to try the Beta Blocker then maybe once you can get the anxiety under control the heart will slow down. I felt the same way about medication, medication, medication. I'm now relieved that I'm taking it because it does help me feel somewhat better.

Closed Thread