It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Infection & Hypo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
    Anniegirl58

Anniegirl58 HB User
    Sinus Infection & Hypo

I went to the Dr today because I have a bad sinus infection. He gave me a Z-Pak. I take my Synthroid at midnight. Is there any time frame between the thyroid meds and a antibiotic?
    Also..I've been taking the synthroid for 17 days now and I have broken out in hives and a bad rash on my throat. Is this a side affect of the med? My PCP didn't know..funny huh?
    Good news though..I finally found a Dr who will put me on Armour and I have a appt on Monday to see him. He's only a PCP but I'm not getting anywhere with my Endo so I may as well try this route.
    Wish me luck.

Thanks,
    Annie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #2
    dea4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB Userdea4 HB User
    Re: Sinus Infection & Hypo

I think you should space the meds and antibiotic apart as much as poosible.

Not sure if the problems you are having are side effects of Synthroid or not, but a lot of people seem to have trouble with it, you may be allergic to one of the binders or fillers that is in it.

Good luck with the Armour dr on Monday.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
    jinglebts
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jinglebts HB Userjinglebts HB User
    Talking Re: Sinus Infection & Hypo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anniegirl58
    I went to the Dr today because I have a bad sinus infection. He gave me a Z-Pak. I take my Synthroid at midnight. Is there any time frame between the thyroid meds and a antibiotic?
    Also..I've been taking the synthroid for 17 days now and I have broken out in hives and a bad rash on my throat. Is this a side affect of the med? My PCP didn't know..funny huh?
    Good news though..I finally found a Dr who will put me on Armour and I have a appt on Monday to see him. He's only a PCP but I'm not getting anywhere with my Endo so I may as well try this route.
    Wish me luck.

Thanks,
    Annie
    you may be allergic to synthroid, or it may be just a symptom of being hypo -- hard to tell, but since you're going to a PCP who will prescribe armour, you're much better off ...

jb

~and about the antibiotic -- just make sure that there's an optimal 4-hour gap, between taking the synthroid and the antiB ... what's a Z-pak? is it just one pill a day?

~~and you do know that sinus troubles are symptomatic of being hypo?? and you might get a vaginal yeast infection from taking the antiB's -- i did, and bought one of those yeast kits ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread