It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• help,looking for alternative med for fungal sinusitis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2004, 05:37 AM   #1
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User
    help,looking for alternative med for fungal sinusitis

does anyone know of anything safe and effective for fungal sinusitis? I have been very sick with this for 14 months,had surgey twice. I have very thick PND and can't seem to get better. I use a nasal irrigation 3 times a day along w/ 2 different nasal sprays...no help.
    I'm thinking there must be an all-natural cure for fungus??
    thank you very much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
    wackytoposthere
    Inactive
    (male)

wackytoposthere HB User
    Re: help,looking for alternative med for fungal sinusitis

Anti-fungal - herbs that destroy or prevent the growth of fungi: herbs include
    Black walnut hulls (don't use while pregnant), Mathake, Tea Tree oil, Wormwood and Garlic. Their is a Mullein/Garlic oil (only two herbs in it, if their are more then two herb, it's NOT the right product). These two herbs are the best for ear infection and if garlic is not a problem to your smeller, I'd try a sample with or after your nasal irrigation's, (maybe cut it 50/50 with olive oil), but not with the or around the same time as the nasal sprays. In fact, I might even take a break from the nasal sprays for a day or two while tring the mullein/garlic. Mullein is great for respiratory problems. Try it, and lets hear back if it helps!

Last edited by wackytoposthere; 04-08-2004 at 11:54 PM.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:57 AM   #3
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wackytoposthere
    Anti-fungal - herbs that destroy or prevent the growth of fungi: herbs include
    Black walnut hulls (don't use while pregnant), Mathake, Tea tree oil, Wormwood and Garlic. Their is a Mullein/Garlic oil (only two herbs in it, if their are more then two herb, it's NOT the right product). These two herbs are the best for ear infection and if garlic is not a problem to your smeller, I'd try a sample with or after your nasal irrigation's, but not with the or around the same time as the nasal sprays. In fact, I might even take a break from the nasal sprays for a day or two while tring the mullein/garlic. Mullein is great for respiratory problems. Try it, and lets hear back if it helps!

thank you for taking the time to answer my question. you say mullein/garlic oil is a good one to try,how would I buy this? is it in a pill form? 2 different liquids?
    also if the mullein/garlic are best for ear infection how is that going to help
    slow down the mucus and thin it out?
    thanks again

Old 04-08-2004, 03:59 AM   #4
    NatApoth2003
    Inactive

NatApoth2003 HB User

Have you tried Olive Leaf Extract, Oregano or Horseradish extract? How about NAC? These may be worth considering. M

Old 04-08-2004, 04:05 AM   #5
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User

no I have not, will they help w/ mucus?
    I was using a very good garlic tablet that seemed to help a little but can't remember the brand I bought. I think harry was the one who told me it was the best.
    what is NAC?
    sorry for so many questions, I am new to all this...that is why I'm here,hoping for some kind of help!

Old 04-09-2004, 12:08 AM   #6
    wackytoposthere
    Inactive
    (male)

wackytoposthere HB User

Quote:
    Their is a Mullein/Garlic oil (only two herbs in it, if their are more then two herb, it's NOT the right product).
    It's an oil, and because of the benefit as a contact healer for ear infection,
    is why I would try it in your nose. I can't see how it would hurt to try it, but too each there own thoughts on this idea.

Garlic is an anti-biotic and an anti-fungal. Mullein is effective for a wide range of respiratory problems and as an expectorant to help loosen and remove mucous.

Old 04-09-2004, 03:42 PM   #7
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User

Quote:
    It's an oil, and because of the benefit as a contact healer for ear infection,
    is why I would try it in your nose. I can't see how it would hurt to try it, but too each there own thoughts on this idea.

Garlic is an anti-biotic and an anti-fungal. Mullein is effective for a wide range of respiratory problems and as an expectorant to help loosen and remove mucous.

thank you very much for explaining mullein to me, I will look for it online. could you recommend a good online site where I might buy this?
    Again, thanks...

Old 04-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #8
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User

hi, I just googled mullein, i found it for sale at the "herbal Advisor" it's called mullein lung complex. it comes in tablet form. one of the ingredients is epedra, i thought I read somewhere that epedra is dangerous?

Old 04-09-2004, 10:07 PM   #9
    wackytoposthere
    Inactive
    (male)

wackytoposthere HB User

I notice there's a misconception on this board when herbs or products are recommended.

Example: Mullein, Mullein is one herb, only one herb, and no other additives.

So when looking for mullein, you would look for a product with only mullein in it.

Here's another example: You see a product that is mullein, but it also has more item in it including the epedra with the mullein. Now because of the epedra you end up getting a heart attack, and because I recommended the mullein, the mullein and I get a bad reputation for giving you a heart attack.

Because of the resent ban on epedra by the FDA, all alternative companies must remove epedra from their products, however many companies still have old stock which they are trying to sell out before the ban goes into effect.

I don't generally recommend any herb or combination of herbs, I haven't personally tried myself first, unless I do a lot of research first on that herb or combination of herbs.

I like herbco for my bulk herbs. Bulk herbs are generally used for tea's unless you buy powder bulk which is used for making your own capsules. You can also use bulk herbs for:
    infusion's, decoction's, extract's, wine infusion's, syrups, pastes & electuaries, lozenges, baths, douches, suppositories & boluses, ointments & salves, compresses & fomentation's, poultices & plasters, liniments, and oils.

Do a web search for the Mullein/Garlic oil.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2004 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 04-10-2004, 11:10 AM   #10
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User

thanks again for your help, I'm sorry if in anyway I upset you w/ my questions. as I mentioned in an earlier post,this is all new to me,I came to this BB knowing there are some very well informed,helpful people [like you] they may have some ideas for me. I'm am so lost, this has been going on for over a year,2 surgerys,8 ct scans,4 different drs. 3 weeks after surgery and having the sinus cleaned out the ct scan came back That I was "filled" again,not infected my ENT said but the sinus pockets under the right eye were completly filled with fluid. my ENT is at a complete loss!! the thick mucus never goes away.
    someone once told me it could be asthma. I've also had all the allergy tests done,nothing...even spent $300.00 on allergy covers for my bed,sprays for the house and my lovely kitty.
    so you see, I am lost,and can stand this anylonger.
    I was hoping for any help I could get.
    I will look online for Mullein/garlic oil
    thanks so much, I do appreciate your time and expertise

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2004 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Old 04-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #11
    DebraL

DebraL HB User

What does the thrush make your throat feel like? Is it dry or irritated or feel like something in there? Or is it symptomless other than the white coating?

Old 04-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #12
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DebraL
    What does the thrush make your throat feel like? Is it dry or irritated or feel like something in there? Or is it symptomless other than the white coating?
    deb, thrush is not the problem i'm having,although i have had oral thrush 3 times.
    your tongue gets a very thick white coating along w/ patches. you will have a thick white coating in the back of your throat also.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:17 PM   #13
    wackytoposthere
    Inactive
    (male)

wackytoposthere HB User

Here's something to think about:

Respiratory problems are more than common in our society today. It is estimated that at any one time, over a third of our population has had a cold or flu within the last two weeks. A "cold" is usually an attempt by the body to cleanse itself of a waste overload, toxins and bacteria that have built up to a point where natural defenses cannot cope with or overcome them. So the wonderful, complex immune system opens up, drains the body of excess mucous accumulation and bacterial colonies through coughing, runny nose, sneezing, diarrhea, etc., and begins to rebuild a stronger, cleaner system. The glands are always affected, and as the endocrine system is on a six day cycle, a normal "cold" usually runs for about a week as the body works through its detoxification process.

Therefore, the cure is not really the problem in a cold or flu infection, the cause is. Chronic respiratory diseases stem from several areas of environment and lifestyle problems, but poor diet is the single most influential source. The person who suffers frequently from sinus headaches, bronchitis, chronic colds, flu, sore throat and cough, is invariably a person who eats many acid and mucous forming foods, such as red meats, caffeine containing foods, salty, sugary, starchy foods, pasteurized, full-fat dairy products and refined foods, with few fresh fruits and vegetables. This way of eating causes too much mucous to be formed in the system, allowing tissue congestion. Not only is the body full of more mucous than it needs, the excess is often filled with toxic impurities and unreleased wastes from preservatives, chemical additives, pesticide residues, etc., a perfect breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses.

Allergy reactions are also increasing in our lives, as environmental toxins, acid rain, a depleted ozone layer, chemically treated foods, radiation levels, more antibiotic and prescription drug use, and stress affect and lower immune strength. Most of these allergens produce respiratory clogging and congestion as the body tries to seal them off from its regular processes, or tries to work around them. Extra mucous is formed as a shield around these substances, and we get the allergy symptoms of sinus clog, stuffiness, hayfever, headaches, and red, puffy eyes. Or the body tries to throw the congestion off through the skin, causing skin rashes and irritation, fever blisters, abscesses and scratchy cough.

Drugs and over-the-counter medicines only relieve the symptoms of infection. They do not cure it, and often make the situation worse by depressing the immune system, and drying up necessary mucous elimination, thus keeping the harmful bacteria, virus, or allergens inside the body.

A short liquid mucous elimination fast, diet change, and supplementation with herbs are the most beneficial and quickest means of controlling allergies and overcoming chronic respiratory problems.

Herbal combinations can work simultaneously, or following, a mucous cleansing diet. They can neutralize allergens, increase oxygen uptake in the lungs and tissues, encourage adrenal gland function, and allow better sleep and activity while work on the underlying causes is taking place.

Combinations in this section for respiratory support and allergy control are effective in the following circumstances and conditions:
    *Asthma*Colds*Flu*Bronchitis*Sinusitis*H ayfever & Pollen Alleries*Sore Throat*Tonsillitis*Emphysema and Smoking Diseases*Chronic Cough*Taste and Smell Loss*adrenal Exhaustion*Chronic Headaches*Ear Infections*

Areas of emphasis to be considered:
    1) herbs to aid and support mucous cleansing,
    2) herbs to aid in allergy control,
    3) herbs to rebuild respiratory strength.

Last edited by wackytoposthere; 04-21-2004 at 11:29 PM.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:26 PM   #14
    ebrbetty
    (female)

ebrbetty HB User

wackytoposthere, thanks so very much for posting such great info. I had no idea salt and red meat could could cause more mucus. I am a salt freak I need to cut back on it, I just find it hard to eat anything w/ out it.
    for dinner tonight I had a cheeseburger,93% lean but I added salt 5 times,my hubby can't eat anything I put salt on.
    I appreciate your help so much, do you think asthma could cause excess mucus? I've noticed I feel like I can't get a good deep breath sometimes.also my mucus gets worse after my workouts.
    btw~ you seem to be very well informed, you must be very healthy

Old 04-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #15
    rids

rids HB User
    Talking Re: help,looking for alternative med for fungal sinusitis

Grapefruit Seed Extract works well on fungal sinusitis. We use the tablet form.
    Be prepared to be worse ( stuffy head, like having a bad head cold) for about a week. Unbelievable what drained from me & hubby's sinuses....ugh

Last edited by rids; 04-13-2004 at 07:53 AM.

Closed Thread