It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Toothache Or Sinuses?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2004, 08:15 PM   #1
    missmokay
    (female)

missmokay HB User
    Post Toothache Or Sinuses?

If I feel sort of like I have a dull toothache in 2 neighboring teeth, but I've tapped the teeth, sucked in air past them, and ran freezing water over them and they don't seem to be bothered, is it more than likely this is a sinus problem? I've read before that sinusitis can cause discomfort in the upper jaw that many mistake for dental problems.

BTW, this is on the same side of my head where I've been getting headaches and my eyesight seems a little blurrier than usual lately in the eye on this side. Not freaky blurry and my eyesight has been declining over the last 3-4 years, but just a tad fuzzier.

As I wrote in "weird episode", I was in the ER Monday with a sudden sharp headache (on this side) followed by dizziness, fog-headedness shakiness, sweating, feeling hot, nausea, and weakness and the only thing they told me was that I had a high white cell count, indicating infection somewhere. It was quickly labeled a panic attack FYI. The dr. said I didn't have an infection from the neck up I guess either A) because she looked in my eyes, ears, and mouth or B) because she kept asking me if I felt pressure in my head or face and I said no. At the time, I wasn't having any or at least not much facial discomfort or pressure and only the headaches in the head. But now I have this dull ache in my teeth and I'm still having passing headaches. Now I'm also draining a little and have some head pressure and pressure around the cheekbones.

Last edited by missmokay; 04-25-2004 at 08:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 08:06 AM   #2
    Ratatosk
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
    Re: Toothache Or Sinuses?

Maybe you should go to the dentist and have it checked out. Two of my coworkers had similar problems and thought it was their sinuses -- turned out they needed root canal 'cuz of an infection. I went to the dentist and it turned out I had a sinus infection -- 'course I'm always dizzy and muddle headed 'cuz of my sinus problems, but this time my tooth hurt, too

Old 04-26-2004, 01:41 PM   #3
    Rick7799
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rick7799 HB User

I had a sinus infection last fall that included a toothache. I swore it was a toothache, it really hurt. The dentist did everything to get me to jump out of the chair. He concluded that it was part of the sinus infection and 2 days later it went away.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:44 AM   #4
    lori j
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lori j HB User

Do some research about TMJ and also go to the TMJ board here, it sounds like that may be your problem. It can cause neck, throat, shoulder, eye, head, jaw, ear & many more pains.

Closed Thread