It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Borderline sweat, neg gene test, no GI, recurrent sinus/lung infections

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #1
    NancyBales

NancyBales HB User
    Borderline sweat, neg gene test, no GI, recurrent sinus/lung infections

My 4 year old has been diagnosed with having CF. His sweat tests were 38/43. His genetic testing came back neg. He has has pneumonia 4 times and has had numerous sinus infections.He also has allergies and asthma. He seems to always be sick. He complaines of stomach aches often, but stools appear normal.We are seeing a CF doctor in Tulsa. We have just started seeing him this month.
    Then, we had our 12yr old take the sweat test. He came back with a 49. He has had sinus trouble and supposedly sports induced asthma for about 5 yrs now. He also was thought to have irritable bowel syndrome. He has his first appt with the doctor next week and therefore has not yet been diagnosed with it. What are the chances of both my kids having it? Both my kids have good wieght and height. Is this a mild case? Anyone else have similiar info?

Last edited by NancyBales; 05-08-2004 at 07:42 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to NancyBales:
    Mirah3 (04-19-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2004, 07:44 AM   #2
    NancyBales

NancyBales HB User
    Re: Borderline sweat, neg gene test, no GI, recurrent sinus/lung infections

[QUOTE=NancyBales]My 4 year old has been diagnosed with having CF. His sweat tests were 38/43. His genetic testing came back neg. He has has pneumonia 4 times and has had numerous sinus infections.He also has allergies and asthma. He seems to always be sick. He complaines of stomach aches often, but stools appear normal.We are seeing a CF doctor in Tulsa. We have just started seeing him this month.
    Then, we had our 12yr old take the sweat test. He came back with a 49. He has had sinus trouble and supposedly sports induced asthma for about 5 yrs now. He also was thought to have irritable bowel syndrome. He has his first appt with the doctor next week and therefore has not yet been diagnosed with it. What are the chances of both my kids having it? Both my kids have good wieght and height. Is this a mild case? Anyone else have similiar info?

Closed Thread