It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• This cured my sinuses

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
    cbale718

cbale718 HB User
    This cured my sinuses

I'm new to this board but I saw this forum and I just want to share my story.

Ever since I was 13, I suffered from severe chronic sinuses. I'd have severe sinus headaches to the point where I would cry and pretty much not be able to do anything. I'd get sinus infections a few times a year and had to take antibiotics, which worked for awhile but taking too much can be really bad in the long run. I even experienced voice loss due to the large amount of mucus stuck in my throat. My life was like hell and it affected me socially and emotionally as well as physically. But 3 years ago, I found a cure for myself.

It's a home remedy and it's really simple:

1. In the morning after you wake up, before eating or drinking or brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth and scrape your tongue with a professional tongue scraper. Rinse and repeat until you scraped off all the yellow stuff from your tongue. This scrapes off mucus and not to mention bacteria off your tongue so you wont' have bad breath. Then follow up by brushing your teeth and tongue.
    2. Next, fill up a glass with WARM water. Take a sip or two and then put about 1/3 or 1/2 or so of cayenne powder (chili powder) directly into the mouth far back into the tongue and just let it go down. You might cough and turn a bit red at first because it is chili powder after all but you'll get used to it. Make sure you use cayenne in its powder form and not in liquid form. Then drink the rest of the glass of warm water.

Note: Medicine like Claritin makes allergies better but are actually worse for sinuses because it thickens the mucus, causing headaches to worsen. So if I ever get allergies (I have both allergies and sinuses), I"d choose a spray over claritin because it's not as bad for the sinuses.

That's it! It's important to follow both steps or it won't work as well. I've done this for the past 3 years and haven't had severe headaches since. If I do ever feel like my head is starting to ache (which is rare), I just do step 2 and it goes away. It has changed my life. Just try it for a month or so and you should start seeing the benefits. Good luck!

Last edited by cbale718; 08-17-2004 at 06:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
    swiftymike

swiftymike HB User
    Re: This cured my sinuses

1/3 or 1/2 of what? teaspoon/tablespoon/or something else

Old 08-20-2004, 05:32 PM   #3
    cbale718

cbale718 HB User

oops, forgot to put teaspoon. But if you have severe sinuses, you may start out with larger doses and then use smaller ones later.

I actually read the chili powder off this other website from someone who tried it and it worked. I thought that since I've tried everything, from irrigation to allergy shots and all, why not try this?

Old 08-20-2004, 06:51 PM   #4
    katkat
    Inactive
    (female)

katkat HB User

ok something is wrong here. Chili powder is not cayenne powder. Chili powder is a combination of dried spices, I don't even think that caynenne is in chili powder. So which is it, chili powder or cayenne? Cayenne is the one that is REALLY hot. Sometimes it is simply called Red Pepper.

Old 08-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #5
    dork330

dork330 HB User

anyone tried "sinus buster"? i found it online a few weeks ago and ordered it. it's a nasal spray with capsaicin, which is what makes peppers spicy. It seems to be working really well, this is the first year in five years that I have not had severe sinus congestion due to ragweed. I don't know if I outgrew it, or if this is really working or what. but hey, i'm happy

Old 08-21-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
    katkat
    Inactive
    (female)

katkat HB User

No but anything with capsaicin in it can stay away from my nose....lol I tried some of that cream for muscles that had that in it and it burnt like crazy........no way is it getting close to my nasal passages.

Old 08-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #7
    cbale718

cbale718 HB User

It is very important NOT to use the kind with other spices in them. It should just be PLAIN cayenne powder. The kind I use is McCormick brand's plain cayenne powder. Cayenne powder is the same as chili powder--it's just that many other brands tend to mix the powder with other spices. Use McCormick. I've tried many other brands and McCormick is the best!

And the spray that someone talked about most likely works because it contains the spice that is similar to cayenne. Though I usually prefer stuff in its natural form so when I get allergies or a runny nose, I just sniff the powder and it opens up my nose and relieves all sorts of allergic annoyances. Don't put it directly in your nose though cause you don't want to burn it off! haha, j/k. Just put some on the palm of your hand and put your nose a few inches away and sorta sniff it like you are sniffing food so some gets in, but don't actually breathe it all up your nose. Use it conservatively. Discard the powder afterwards.

Last edited by cbale718; 08-22-2004 at 10:19 AM.

Old 08-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #8
    katkat
    Inactive
    (female)

katkat HB User

That is my point cayenne is NOT Chili powder, you said they were the same thing, that is incorrect, Chili powder does not have any cayenne powder in it at all. I was wondering if you were mistaken on which kind it actually is that you used. Chili powder is an entirely different thing that cayenne.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding but now I am totally confused, which spices are you talking about, Chili or Cayenne?

Old 08-22-2004, 10:04 PM   #9
    cbale718

cbale718 HB User

To my knowledge they are both the same, but for your sake, I'd say cayenne powder. I just did some research and in addition to curing sinuses, cayenne powder also has numerous other benefits--with increased metabolism and blood flow circuation being examples.

Closed Thread