It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Best Sinus Medication

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
    yanra
    Inactive

yanra HB User
    Best Sinus Medication

I have it to be 12 hr Sudafed. It will work for the full 12 hrs and drain everything from your sinuses which includes your ears. Doctor's seldom recommend it because I guess it's not a prescription drug and they've forgotten about it. Even if you take Allegra, Zrtex or Claritin, you can take a 12 hr Sudafed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
    reader1
    Veteran

reader1 HB User
    Re: Best Sinus Medication

Actually, phenylpropoalamine (PPA) was a much more effective antihistamine but it was banned a couple of years ago. I used to take Duravent, a combination of PPA, a little bit of antihistamine and an anticholinergic - that was the BEST sinus med. The second best is Rescon MX, which is the same but it has sudafed instead of PPA.

Addy

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Facial Migraines not Sinus Infection shurluk Sinus Problems 21 06-14-2009 09:13 AM
    Ongoing sinus problems for over a year, no resolution! nehalem Sinus Problems 10 04-24-2009 09:05 AM
    Sinus Pain without congestion - HELP! ntumin Sinus Problems 30 08-15-2008 06:52 PM
    Terrible Sinus Headaches d_dixiechick Sinus Problems 10 06-07-2007 06:53 AM
    Crowded teeth causing jaw, teeth, neck, shoulder, head and sinus pain Lorraine23 Sinus Problems 6 04-04-2007 11:35 PM
    Question About Sinus Infections :confused: Nikolai Sinus Problems 0 12-07-2006 04:44 PM
    sinus problems and dry, red eyes airbaker Sinus Problems 2 01-15-2004 02:29 PM
    Migraines or Sinus Infection...Again! Help! caligirl1 Sinus Problems 2 01-05-2004 07:12 AM