It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus Infection - my treatment, lousy results, comments?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User
    Sinus Infection - my treatment, lousy results, comments?

Here's my story...

Back around the end of november, i didnt feel that great head and ears were congested. Went to the Dr, and had a thoat infection along with beet red ear drums, so he put me on Deconamine SR and 10 days of Levaquin (not strep tho).

10 days later, im done...feel somewhat better. 2-3 days after that, i get run down again, and start once again seeing some yellow in my mucous from my nose. Rather than wait, I call him, go in right away. Ears werent as red, throat was. Still had yellow mucous, so he gives me 10 days of Avelox, the Levaquin made me nervous and sleepless and dizzy. Avelox is in the quinolone family, ( i do my research) so i figure ill have the same results. Well i can at least sleep, but im dizzy/lightheaded all day. He also gives me methylprednisone, more deconamine. I dont want to touch the steroids. Anyway, day 4 on the avelox, i still have some yellow coming up. Im dizzy all day, but he claims its from the congestion in my head.

What if this doesnt clear up? Am I doomed? Any suggestions? Levaquin and Avelox are supposed to be pretty strong, whats the problem here? Am i doomed?

I have sinucleanse which i use regularly. After i rinse out, and blow my nose, my ears pop so much, it feels like they actually opened up in my head. Crackles like you were stepping on nutshells.

I just dont know what to do.

Any suggestions?

aDAM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 11:24 PM   #2
    apriltones
    Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
    Re: Sinus Infection - my treatment, lousy results, comments?

hi, could you help me with a question please? i have has a full feeling around my ears when i stand uo and occasional headache, no cold but i cant smell any thing or taste?? if i sniff close up i can but everything else no, cheers, april x

Old 12-25-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adam2000
    What if this doesnt clear up? Am I doomed? Any suggestions? Levaquin and Avelox are supposed to be pretty strong, whats the problem here? Am i doomed?

I have sinucleanse which i use regularly. After i rinse out, and blow my nose, my ears pop so much, it feels like they actually opened up in my head. Crackles like you were stepping on nutshells.

I just dont know what to do.

Any suggestions?

aDAM
    After suffering with multiple sinus infections, year after year, for decades, I experimented with flooding my nasal passages with a mixture of diluted 3% hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and kosher salt. In order to flood my nasal passages and keep them flooded, I keep my forehead pointed downward. I keep my forehead down for quite a while, hoping that the anti-infective mixture can get to the infected area(s) within my sinuses and nasal passages.
    It works! I have been sinus infection free for about 3 years. I think that I had chronic infection problems with my turbinates, so flooding my nasal passages with the anti-infective mixture worked very well, for me, since the infected areas were fairly easy to reach.
    To find out more, select one of the following links:
    Here is the link to the detailed documentation of the "Upside Down Sinus Flooding" and also discussion:
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=139765
    Here is the link to discussion about the "Upside Down Sinus Flooding" in the Allergy Board:
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129210
    Here is the link to discussion about the "Upside Down Sinus Flooding" in the Colds/Flu Board:
    http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=124803
    "If you save one life, it is as though you save the world"

Old 12-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #4
    little_miss
    (female)

little_miss HB User

I have had a constant headache for the last 2 months it's not sore enough to take pain killers but it is just there all the time i also have a stiff neck and feel as though i have been punched in the nose could this be sinus problems any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Old 12-26-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by little_miss
    I have had a constant headache for the last 2 months it's not sore enough to take pain killers but it is just there all the time i also have a stiff neck and feel as though i have been punched in the nose could this be sinus problems any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx
    Sometimes, with problems in the frontal sinuses, which are above the eyes, there is pain above the eyes, in the forehead. Others, with problems in their maxillary sinuses, which are under the cheeks from the eyes to the molars, there is pain under the eyes, or in the face, or in the molars.

Your ethmoid sinuses are between the eyes, and problems there can cause pain around the eyes and in the nose.

I can't say if a stiff neck is related to sinus problems or not. Perhaps someone else has also had that symptom and can add something.

I don't know what you mean by "punched in the nose". Does that mean that the outside of your nose is very sore?

Is your nose stuffed up? Are you getting a thick discharge from your nose? If so, is it yellow or green?

Old 12-27-2004, 05:15 AM   #6
    little_miss
    (female)

little_miss HB User

Sorry didn't explain it properly. My nose is dried up and feels sore but not on the outside, on the inside and i do often feel like my top teeth are sore too.

Thanx

Closed Thread