It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• Sinus/Ear Clogged. HELP!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
    troymesserall
    (male)

troymesserall HB User
    Sinus/Ear Clogged. HELP!!!

hello,

i'm brand new to the board! and i have a bit of a dilemma.

this is the 3rd day now that my left ear/sinus has been clogged and i can barely hear out of it. i had a runny nose for awhile, but now it has subsided, yet i still have the clogged ear/sinus.

i've tried tylenol sinus/allergy day and night pills, i've also used suphedrine. i tried running warm water in my ear, and i'm always "yawning" to hopefully "pop" my ear back into it's usual state.

i'm skeptical of going to the doctor's because i'm in between insurance policies (i just graduated college and started a new job, but my insurance there doesn't start for another 3 months).

please let me know anything that could help this!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
    camden
    Veteran

camden HB User
    Re: Sinus/Ear Clogged. HELP!!!

If it is clogged constantly it could be an ear infection. A friend of mine just had one and she said it didn't hurt but felt like a whooshing sensation as though there was water in it. You will need antibiotics to clear it up if that if what it is. You probably don't want to wait too long as your ear drum could rupture. You will know when this happens as the pressure will be relieved and there will be yellow fluid coming from it. You don't want to wait for this to happen as it can cause hearing loss, although that usually only happens with repeated infections.

I'm not sure if there is any other remedy if this is what it is. Maybe someone knows of a herbal remedy or something. I'm thinking ear infection due to the fact that sinus medications aren't clearing it up. I have problems with my ear plugging up occasionally but it only lasts for a couple of minutes at a time. It doesn't happen as often since I quite smoking (on a regular basis), but when I was a "full time" smoker it became so frequent that the doctor told me I was probably allergic to the smoke and he prescribed a nasal inhalant which seemed to clear it up for the most part, but I was warned that it I kept smoking it would probably keep happening.

Hopefully some of this helps. Maybe someone else has some other suggestions.

Good luck!

Old 03-28-2005, 07:42 AM   #3
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
    Re: Sinus/Ear Clogged. HELP!!!

I'm not sure if you need something more that what I'm going to suggest but here is something I've used for my sinus/ears plugged. It's a homeopathic for allergy/sinus's found at a GNC store. You chew it up and put it under your tounge till dissolved...it doesn't say that in the instructions, but it works better. You take one every half hour till your symtoms are relieved. You get about 48tab for 6bucks. Mine cleared up by the 4th pill and what a difference. If you have bad pain I would suggest going to an urgent care doc. they are cheaper. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread